• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick Question....

Zod

Did I just read Demeanor of Excellence and Andy Reid in the same sentence???!!!! :eek:

Man, no. No, man. Notice the, "and,"-- I didn't mean it the way you're taking it.

But, to be true, his play calling with Westbrook is awesome and his ability to allow receivers no one has heard of to make consistent plays is pretty respectable.

too early, definitely. Is he quality? Yes.

Most assistants who become head coaches do so as their stars rise on teams that make the playoffs (though there are always guys like John Fox and Marvin Lewis whose breakaways came in years they didn't make the playoffs, since they couldn't interview on Super Bowl runs at the time), so continued success will help that. Davidson is a solid coach; whether he'd make a good candidate or a good head coach (which are, obviously, two different things) is much harder to project, but I'd look at him in a year or two, sure.

Young head coaches are the rage right now. Tomlin, Morris, to go with inexperienced guys like Harbaugh, Mike Smith, Sparano, have had success (with exception to Morris, who's brand new), all while Cowher, Schottenheimer, Mariucci, Gruden, and Shanahan are sitting at home. It's not out of bounds in a copycat league that a guy like that could get noticed.

Archived