• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why was Jimmy benched?

Brokenbad

If you are drafted as high as Clausen was with the expectations that he had coming in you don't get benched unless you are sucking heavily. He sucked today just like the other games where they let him play. Locks onto receivers, holds the ball too long, etc.

Clausen is horrible. His problems isn't being a rookie or the crap coaching and the other weaknesses on the offense.....he is just not a good QB. Basic decisions making and his hr long wind up are just a few examples.

at this point, you really gotta wonder if maybe Pike needs a better look from this staff and that he might should be the #2 QB behind Moore.

Lots of stupid in this thread, located above this post and below the OP. *edit* not including realdeal

*gasps* OH NOES! You must be talking about me! I'm gonna go cry now!

Edit: I don't care what you think...its my opinion, and this is supposedly a discussion forum circled around peoples opinions IMO

/sarcasm

Clausen is horrible. His problems isn't being a rookie or the crap coaching and the other weaknesses on the offense.....he is just not a good QB. Basic decisions making and his hr long wind up are just a few examples.

at this point, you really gotta wonder if maybe Pike needs a better look from this staff and that he might should be the #2 QB behind Moore.

Yes, he is awful. Even with a rookie it is usually possible to see whether they have skills which might make them successful down the line. I just can't see it with this guy. If he just led the team on one successful long drive he might change my mind or give me hope. But he can't get them past the 30 and he looks like poo trying to do it so my opinion is what it is until he does something, anything.

Archived