• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Moore Gone, Clausen to Shine.

chknwing

honestly I think Rosario could be a decent TE, but he is also used poorly imo.

Yea I honestly think we should use more two TE passing formations with Rosario and Barnidge on the field at the same time. Either that or split one of them out wide with Smitty in the slot and the other playing the natural TE position....

Realistically, at this point we don't even know if Clausen's going to start, much less shine.

Also, in fairness, he had the chance to make it his team before.

He did make progress before, but regressed in his last game. It happens to most rookies, and they just have to get back on the horse.

I seem to remember one QB throwing short yardage INTs, as well as downfield INTs...doesn't wear #2...

Clausen has thrown an INT vs CIN locking onto Smith.

He threw one in garbage time vs TB after moving the ball. (Shouldn't count that one, we had to throw out Moore's '07 picks in garbage time, let's be fair.)

No INTs against New Orleans.

One against CHI when Peppers made a freak play, 9/10 times that's a batted ball where he could've looked elsewhere or thrown it away.

Then on Sunday the pick six...didn't see it, don't know what happened other than a slant to Rosario and I think the DB jumped it.

Here you go again with all the excuses. Thought you would at least wait until Sunday before you guys started in with the 100 excuses. I guess I wished for 2 much.

Clausen threw an interception because he throws everything short and defenses know it. He throws picks because he can't see over the line and can't see where he he is even throwing the ball. He may be taller than Drew Brees but that is the only thing he is better at than Brees. Clausen is bad right now why not stop making excuses and deal with the facts.

He might get better or he might not, who knows. But right now he is just terrible. It is okay to admit that and still like him. But the constant excuses when it is apparent to everyone he is playing terribly makes you seem more like a girlfriend or relative instead of a message board poster. If you want any credibility at all admit he is playing very poorly and right now doesn't have a clue. It is painfully evident to everyone else that it is true.

The fact is this team has a every man for himself attitude right now. From the Head coach down to the players. As said before Fox could care less about developing a QB cause he wants to win right now. Thats why the team is forcing him to use Edwards as a back up and not sign a FA. The FO is trying to force develop a QB while Fox is trying to win right now. Thats not a mix for great success.

This year is a wash. No matter what Clausen or Pike dose this year they will be evaluated next year by the new coaching staff. A fresh start and we will see again how good or bad they are.

He wasnt referring to Moore being replaced by Clausen because of Moores injury. He was talking about why would they bench Clausen for Pike. Rookies have to go through their learning pains. Peyton Manning didnt have a good year his rookie season. The season is already lost why not keep playing Clausen, Pike isnt going to solve anything Clausen cant.

yeah, that is why it made sense. Fox knew Moore was likely finished late in that game (done for the year) and therefore it made sense to give Pike some game time.

Please stop w/ this Peyton Manning talk.....Peyton played a VERY tough schedule and played well individually as a rookie.

The excuses of which you mention are facts, some of the INTs were in garbage time trying to make a play. You said the same for Moore a couple weeks ago.

Now you are excusing an interception you admit you didn't even see. Well I did and the defender had time to come back to the ball almost 5 yards away and still pick the pass off, caught it on the run and he was history.

It is okay that Clausen sucks, he is a rookie. Stop trying to defend him so much and people wouldn't work so hard to point out his flaws. It is actually posts like yours that brings on the folks who discuss Clausen's faults. He has shown little to nothing to prove he is ready for this league.

As for Pike lets give him the same 3 games we gave Clausen and then evaluate who is playing better. Right now all we know is how bad Clausen is, we know nothing about Pike.

I didn't get a chance to see last week's game so I'm only going on ESPN play-by-play. If Pike had a stronger arm I'd say he deserves more of a look but check out the guy's scouting report...I read "painfully weak arm," not something I wanna see. For whoever says Clausen can't see over DLs, he's taller than Brees...he's still gotta get the ball out of there.

Brees doesn't throw sidearm and he doesn't take 3 days to make the throw. That is why the ball gets out.

Archived