• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Moore Gone, Clausen to Shine.

chknwing

Any of you folks thinking Clausen is going to come in and all the sudden light it up needs to lay off the happy meds.

We've got two hurt star RBs, two rookie and one aging WR, and O-line that can't block to save their own children. Even our TE's can't seem to get open in the flat or catch a ball.

And all the other teams have John Fox figured out. His run-first mentality is probably the easiest to defend against when you don't have a strong line. His inability to adapt is never more present now in the face of having a lack of any appreciable talent. We can't run trick plays, we can't run basic plays. I'll be surprised if we don't end up as one of the lowest producing offenses in the history of Super-Bowl era football.

This season is over for us people. Jimmy Clausen will do well to just survive the rest of the season without a career ending injury.

If we have a 2011 season, and we don't do some MAJOR overhauling with Free Agency, expect more of this for at least another year (when our rookies are 3-year Vets, we can expect some turn around).

Clausen isn't assured of anything. This isn't his team. Far from it.

Clausen had 3 weeks to prove some....only thing he proved is he can fumble the ball away more easily than interceptions. That sure does give us a lot to look forward to!

Now we don't even have the choice of clausen learning from the sidelines.

Good or bad...we have clausen. And there hasn't been anything good enough for this team to be his. I bet that statement will be lost to most of you.

Clausen isn't assured of anything. This isn't his team. Far from it.

Clausen had 3 weeks to prove some....only thing he proved is he can fumble the ball away more easily than interceptions. That sure does give us a lot to look forward to!

Now we don't even have the choice of clausen learning from the sidelines.

Good or bad...we have clausen. And there hasn't been anything good enough for this team to be his. I bet that statement will be lost to most of you.

Trent Dilfer said that NFL quarterbacks need 30+ games to be fully evaluated. Clausen has had 3. No one should say it is his team but sticking a rookie quarterback on the worst offense in the NFL and expecting it to be an indicator of his long term success is a stretch.

Trent Dilfer said that NFL quarterbacks need 30+ games to be fully evaluated. Clausen has had 3. No one should say it is his team but sticking a rookie quarterback on the worst offense in the NFL and expecting it to be an indicator of his long term success is a stretch.

You really think anyone, rookie or not, QB or not is going to get 30+ games starting playing the way he has?

No coach would do that.

What you really mean to say is that the Browns offense is worlds better than the Panthers offense. Otherwise your numbers don't add up.

McCoy threw for 74 yards and 0 TDs vs the Saints and his team scored 30 points. You know how that works right? A good offense can make it work with a rookie quarterback. Or hell... make it work with an experienced quarterback like Matt Moore.

Not sure I follow your logic here but we have had 1 good quarterbacking game all season. It isn't a coincidence that it was our only victory. Why was it a good performance? Because we actually scored points in the fourth quarter and drove for a score. All of the first half numbers are worthless if you can't score when you have to and that is most often in the fourth quarter. Outside of that game how many 4th quarter points have scored all year?? Not many if any.

Maybe if you are Trent Dilfer you need 30 games but how many did it take Peyton Manning to shine, how about Tom Brady. The list goes on. You remind me of the Atlanta folks who used to say that it takes 4 or five years to learn the WCO making excuses for Vick.

Again why all the excuses. He just sucks, we suck, everyone sucks. It is okay to suck at this point. No one says we will suck 2 years from now but stop with all the excuses.

we should acknowledge that clausen hasn't done anything to merit being considered the future at qb but neither has anyone else that played this year. to many other factors contribute to our anemic offense. even before moore's injury i felt we needed to find out about clausen to move forward in the future. but we still probably won't have a good idea what kind of player he is this season because of so many weak areas on offense(play calling,game plan, young wr's,o line problems)

I agree, no way you can ever pass on Andrew Luck unless Clausen shows flashes of greatness in the next 8 weeks

Oh, if the best OT in the draft falls to us, we absolutely can. Move Gross to RT, Otah to RG, whatever: the line has to be the focus. It has to be. Not addressing the oline first and foremost in this draft would be ludicrous.

How would a OLineman fall to use with a top 3 pick?

There is no tackle worth that high of a pick.

It's possible none of the QBs this year are worth that pick either but they will be taken there because someone has to be a franchise QB in every draft, right?

This is a very weak draft class.

It's possible none of the QBs this year are worth that pick either but they will be taken there because someone has to be a franchise QB in every draft, right?

This is a very weak draft class.

Then we should trade down, not use pick 1, 2 or 3 for an OT.

But if Jimmy plays the next 8 games like crap, I don't understand why we shouldn't get Luck.

Then we should trade down, not use pick 1, 2 or 3 for an OT.

But if Jimmy plays the next 8 games like crap, I don't understand why we shouldn't get Luck.

Agree with the first part.

Regardless of what Jimmy does, it's a little early to talk about Luck. Everyone has fallen in love with him partly because Harbaugh has been coaching him and partly because there is no other QBs to fall in love with.

He hasn't declared yet and if Harbaugh stays there another year I'm sure Luck will also, especially if a CBA gets done and there is a rookie cap, there would be no reason to come out early. He looks the part but so did Jimmy coming out.

Archived