• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Player Rankings

unicar15

According to who I want the Panthers to pick.

1. Andrew Luck

2. Ryan Mallett

3. AJ Green - Lets face it...we aren't picking 3rd.

4. Patrick Peterson

5. Jake Locker - Not on the level of Luck and Mallett but still a good player playing with nothing around him.

6. Julio Jones

7. Anthony Castonzo

8. Marcel Dareus

9. Robert Quinn

10. Da'Quan Bowers

Honestly, the decision to me is which QB to take with either the first or second pick. If we have #1 we take Luck. If we have #2 then we take Mallett. We aren't going to be able to trade down even though it would be ideal if we had #2. There is just too much money to be paid for a team to move up. The only reason a team would do it is to pick a QB and if the new coach is smart he wouldn't do that because we MUST have a legit QB in this draft. So as it stands right now we take a QB. Mallett would be worth the #1 pick if Luck didn't come out.

As it pertains to this team:

1. Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford

2. DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson

3. Marcell Darius, DT, Alabama

4. Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

5. Patrick Peterson, CB, Louisiana State

6. Justin Blackmon*, WR, Oklahoma State

7. AJ Green, WR, Georgia

8. Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

9. Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

10. Rodney Hudson, G/C, Florida State

* denotes redshirt sophmore

why is mallett ranked #2? SEC fan...?

He's completed 67% of his passes in a conference that is stocked with NFL caliber defenders. He's thrown 24 TDs to 8 INTs. He is 6'7'' 240lbs with a cannon for an arm and he has the 4th highest passer rating in the country.

Locker is in my top 5 because he's a talented QB. I'm not completely sold on him but it doesn't matter because we aren't picking any later than the 2nd pick. I just don't think Clausen has what it takes right now and I want a franchise QB.

As it pertains to this team:

1. Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford

2. DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson

3. Marcell Darius, DT, Alabama

4. Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

5. Patrick Peterson, CB, Louisiana State

6. Justin Blackmon*, WR, Oklahoma State

7. AJ Green, WR, Georgia

8. Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

9. Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

10. Rodney Hudson, G/C, Florida State

* denotes redshirt sophmore

DaQuan Bowers is horrendously overrated IMO. The guy is 6'4'' 280...DEs that size are a dime a dozen. The only players worth the money that a top 5 contract will pay them are Luck, Mallett, Peterson, Green and possibly Locker. The rest are bad picks IMO if they go before any of those guys (which they will because of need).

DaQuan Bowers is horrendously overrated IMO. The guy is 6'4'' 280...DEs that size are a dime a dozen. The only players worth the money that a top 5 contract will pay them are Luck, Mallett, Peterson, Green and possibly Locker. The rest are bad picks IMO if they go before any of those guys (which they will because of need).

LOL. You keep pointing out his size, which isn't an issue, and speak nothing of his ability, athleticism, or production, all of which are exceptional.

Archived