• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to bring in another qb

Goosfraba21

jarrett brown , west virginia .. PLEASE ??!?!? 49ers signed him udfa , but there was too much depth to give him a chance

I would have rather gotten him over Pike but if we sign a QB now it has to be a vet preferably with some starting exp. Wouldn't mind Simms, I always thought he was a decent QB.

At this point what really is the harm of starting Pike and or AE. I wouldn't have to start the season but as of now AE might at least bring some excitement. Could it possible get worse. At least he can run for his dear life.

Null was the fall-back plan two weeks ago, when they weren't sure they were going to be able to land Brian St. Pierre.

That sentence is so many different kinds of awful. We're signing the "fall-back plan" to a 30-year-old quarterback that on his best day is a serviceable NFL backup? Good God.

They are just going to hold tryouts for whoever thinks they could QB our team. Its this new thing they are trying to hopefully shake up things in Carolina. You have to agree to be paid poo as far as an NFL salary goes and prepare to either run like hell or be injured, one of the 2.

Also doing it for OC....I will be trying out for Davidson's job

They are just going to hold tryouts for whoever thinks they could QB our team. Its this new thing they are trying to hopefully shake up things in Carolina. You have to agree to be paid poo as far as an NFL salary goes and prepare to either run like hell or be injured, one of the 2.

Also doing it for OC....I will be trying out for Davidson's job

So, Marky-Mark is gonna be our QB and Boo is calling the plays.

I'm cool with that. Just make sure he pulls his pants up....

Fox would rather sign guys off the street than play Tony Pike, but that isn't new.

Back in 2007, he signed a retired Vinny Testaverde rather than play Matt Moore. When his hand was forced and Moore was pretty much the only option, he played well.

When it comes to judging quarterbacks, especially rookies, I can't say I put a lot of faith in John Fox.

I've been saying since 1995 we need to spend our "extra" money on an OL. A good OL can make a mediocre QB, RB's and Rec's look good. Without time to develop a play or make a hole the best, at best, will look bad and at worst; will get injured. The worst will look bad AND get injured.

Fox would rather sign guys off the street than play Tony Pike, but that isn't new.

Back in 2007, he signed a retired Vinny Testaverde rather than play Matt Moore. When his hand was forced and Moore was pretty much the only option, he played well.

When it comes to judging quarterbacks, especially rookies, I can't say I put a lot of faith in John Fox.

Per Fowler on charlotte.com...

Do you know when Brian St. Pierre actually won the job last week? In Wednesday's practice. It was apparent then to a large majority of the people on that practice field that BSP -- even without a training camp with the team -- understood more about cadences, snaps, play variations, etc., then Tony Pike did. Simply put, last Wednesday was an audition, and St. Pierre got the part.

Archived