• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assistant Coach Candidates

Mr. Scot

Here are a few names mentioned by Darin Gantt.

Mike Haluchak, Linebackers

Previously the LB coach of the Browns under now fired coach Romeo Crennel. He was Fox's LB coach for the first three years he was DC with the Giants. Gantt mentioned him as a possible candidate for the job here. Although from what I've seen he hasn't been replaced by Mangini (yet) he may not be under contract.

Browns Bio

Johnnie Lynn, Secondary

Was the Giants secondary coach during Fox's entire tenure in New York. Most recently has been splitting the secondary coaching duties in San Francisco with Vance Joseph. Gantt mentioned him also.

49ers Bio

And a couple of other guys that have been speculated on from other sources...

Dwaine Board, Defensive Line

Former player with a history of coaching solid D-lines, mostly in San Fran but more recently in Seattle. No Fox connection I know of but went to North Carolina A&T and was Brentson Buckner's position coach when he was with the 49ers. Replaced by incoming coach Jim Mora. He's on Magnus' wish list.

Seahawks Bio

Brett Maxie, Secondary

Maxie's name tends to come up anytime the Panthers need a DB coach, and there's reason. He got his start as a coach with the Panthers under Dom Capers after being a wily veteran presence during the expansion years. He's had a couple different jobs since then, most recently with the Cowboys. Contract status unknown. No direct Fox connection I know of but he coached against the panthers during his time with the Falcons.

Cowboys Bio

Other names mentioned in coach speculation: Tim Krumrie, DL; Rick Venturi, LBs; and of course, Herman Edwards, DBs (of whom much discussion already exists)

The guys with prior connections to Fox would logically seem the most likely candidates, but others from both the pro and college ranks could get looks.

I'd love to see Tim Krumrie as the DL coach. :) He could lend a half of his heart to our defensive line and it would make it better. Too bad Peppers wouldn't play for him.. However, I don't know if he's still under contract with Chiefs and how good a coach he is. He's coached Jared Allen and he's pretty good now, though.

I do hope we have this wrapped up next week.

Don't like sitting empty for long...

ditto'd

longer we go the further behind we're going to fall.

everything should be taken care of by wednsday.

i'm not crazy the idea of fox sticking within his own coaching tree which is what i hear suggested around certain places.

I think we should look at someone on the Cards staff.....obvious reasons.

Reasonable (and they have some interesting guys) but unlikely if they want to have the staff in place by the end of the week. Cards coaches would be unavailable till after the Super Bowl.

Archived