• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

lol @ jimmy haters

panther4life

clausen did really well on 3rd downs overall. tbh, he was not the reason we lost. but he did not win us the game, and I want a quarterback that will win us a game.

pressure destroys him, and I think that shows.

playcalling was better on first down but terribad on 2nd and predictable on 3rd. oh well.

also Clausen goes away from Smith way too early in his reads, needs to give him time.

Obviously Luck would be able to play lights out with a crap Oline letting him get pounded on all game and horrible play calling.

Once we replace Luck with the qb we draft #1 overall in the '12 draft, maybe people will begin to realize that our Oline sucks ass.

17 targets to non wide receivers compared to 9 targets to Wideouts with 10 of those targets going to mike goodson alone...

oh no, by no means is he captain checkdown. every one of those plays was meant to be like that.

either way, he needs to be able to get the ball to the Receivers, you know, the guys who's job it is to catch passes.

clausen did really well on 3rd downs overall. tbh, he was not the reason we lost. but he did not win us the game, and I want a quarterback that will win us a game.

pressure destroys him, and I think that shows.

playcalling was better on first down but terribad on 2nd and predictable on 3rd. oh well.

A QB cant win us the game running the plays Davidson calls. Its not possible. Nobodys bashing Davidson today but so many are coming out and saying oh jimmy sucks,jimmy is teh suck, etc. Its false.

If you know anything about the game of football, not even taking into account that this is the professional level, I have no idea how you walk away from watching Clausen today (or any other start for that matter) and think he played even average football.

HE. IS. HORRIBLE.

Some huddle fans want the shiny new toy. Jimmy Clausen put in a good effort. We were in a position to win. Penalties and bad playcalling can only be blamed on the coaches the players played their hearts out. But oh yeah Andrew Luck has faced a defense in the vein of a Ryan defense in college. LUCK WOULD FOLD UNDER THE PRESSURE GUARANTEED.

I'd like to see him put up a 200 yard game and throw TD's when it counts myself... that 4.52 ypa average kinda scares me too.

I'm not saying he'll never be good, but atm, he's not. Yes, he's a rookie, but I'd like to see more out of him than what's been presented so far. I still feel we should draft Luck if we get the chance regardless, and let em both have at it come TC in the Spring.

Well geniuses when you invest in the first pick how fair will that competition be really huh? Look excuse me for not feeling like Jimmy is a bust after 7 games. News flash the NFL takes a little time to adjust to. Breaking news our entire team is kinda sorry this year.

clausen wasn't horrible on a couple drives. if thats what you want to build a franchise aroud...good for you. that won't get you a ring, but whatever.

i will say he improved, but not enough for us to not draft luck with the first overall.

he still hasn't made a case for us to not take advantage of that opportunity.

he did dump it off to goodson a lot... but that isn't always a problem.

A lot of our play design is basically a TE, a WR, and goodson. We have had 0 success selling play action except for one brilliant throw by BSP all year. It's time we change play design and try some new formations.

Clausen did not win us the game but meh... at least he put us in position to do so. He did have a couple nice throws, but it wasn't enough... and he still can't get Steve Smith involved, which is a problem. He needs to let plays develop, but I know that is tough with our shitty o-line.

bottom line: draft luck, but keep playing Clausen. If nothing else, Clausen will allow Luck to make the transition to the NFL and hopefully give us a serviceable backup.

Archived