• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

lol @ jimmy haters

panther4life

he did dump it off to goodson a lot... but that isn't always a problem.

A lot of our play design is basically a TE, a WR, and goodson. We have had 0 success selling play action except for one brilliant throw by BSP all year. It's time we change play design and try some new formations.

Clausen did not win us the game but meh... at least he put us in position to do so. He did have a couple nice throws, but it wasn't enough... and he still can't get Steve Smith involved, which is a problem. He needs to let plays develop, but I know that is tough with our shitty o-line.

bottom line: draft luck, but keep playing Clausen. If nothing else, Clausen will allow Luck to make the transition to the NFL and hopefully give us a serviceable backup.

our play action sucks because BSP is the only QB we have that is capable of selling a run. clausen turns around and looks at the RB and calls it play action. That is something he really really really needs to improve on badly.

meh. I want jimmy to succeed and all.. but the dude has low pass trajectory, checks down virtually all the time, has an OC who has no faith in him whatsoever, and a QB coach that ruined brady quinn and derek anderson. with a new coaching staff next season, Jimmy is gonna have to relearn the same things from different people and if we go QB round 1, that's gonna be REALLY hard for him. He's gonna have to work his ass off..

My biggest beef with him is that he doesn't drive his throws like he did in his Pro Day. Dude is supposed to be legit accurate.. I'm not seeing it.

LUCK WOULD FOLD UNDER THE PRESSURE GUARANTEED.
Really?? And just what exactly would you back up that guarantee with? You know this is a certainty how?

(Psst.. Ms.Cleo's predictions do not count towards knowing the outcome of a personal hyperbole...sorry)

clausen wasn't horrible on a couple drives. if thats what you want to build a franchise aroud...good for you. that won't get you a ring, but whatever.

i will say he improved, but not enough for us to not draft luck with the first overall.

he still hasn't made a case for us to not take advantage of that opportunity.

If Andrew Luck didnt exist you guys wouldnt bash Clausen.

Luck seems to be a damn good,closest to a cant miss prospect at QB. Good for him. But this does not mean Jimmy sucks, as many have said.

So if you want Luck i'm not against you there, but anybody that looks at all the facts and says Jimmy sucks, is just being ignorant

Say the same thing here I said elsewhere.

Clausen had a good game, one of the better games he's had this season. He showed progress, and that's good.

With all that said, I still think Andrew Luck will be better. That doesn't mean Clausen is terrible, just not as good as Luck could be.

our play action sucks because BSP is the only QB we have that is capable of selling a run. clausen turns around and looks at the RB and calls it play action. That is something he really really really needs to improve on badly.
yep. for play action to work you have to have a QB that can sell it. we don't. thats somehting that should have been picked up at least in college.

Well geniuses when you invest in the first pick how fair will that competition be really huh? Look excuse me for not feeling like Jimmy is a bust after 7 games. News flash the NFL takes a little time to adjust to. Breaking news our entire team is kinda sorry this year.

Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, and their lack of WRs would like to have a word with you.

The rookie stuff doesn't fly.

I loved that dump pass to Goodsen early. Then later, when he threw that sweet dump pass to Goodsen, that f**king rocked. Then Jimmy really put the team on his back at the end with an amazing dump pass to Goodsen.

Didn't Goodson have 90+ receiving yards? Clearly it was working.

Archived