• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richardson Quotes - Then and Now

PeteRozelle

"The energy has been sucked out of our organization and our fan base"

"There are a number of ways we can go," Richardson said. "We aren't closing the door on anything."

"I own the team. I have a responsibility to give the people here the best chance to win. I believed hiring George was the best thing to do," Richardson said. "He came in and it didn't work out. We must go forward."

"When you have a season like we just had, it sucks the energy out of the coaches, fans and players. Starting [Monday], we're going to be pumping the energy back into the team."

----------------------------------------------------------

These quotes were said, the day of firing George Seifert...

Wonder what the big cat is thinking nowadays??? Please share your modern day "quotes"

pete

I wouldn't be surprised if he dusted off that old "energy has been sucked out" speech and read it again.

He might even throw in something about someone named MoFo, and chrome on a trailer hitch just to see if anyone is paying attention.

"When we couldn't win back to back winning seasons, I decided to go with the youth movement." Interpretation: When I knew we weren't going to the playoffs with the veterans last year I decided to blow up the team, and go cheap to line my pockets.

"No one thought we would be this bad." Interpretation: We better tell the fans something after this crap. We really gutted this team.

"We had to raise prices because of increased utilities." Interpretation: Doesn't really matter the reason. We can do what we want because we got them by the short hairs. Lets tell them it is utilities. They don't know any better.

"We are still committed to winning" Interpretation: Yeah we want to win as long as we make plenty of money along the way. Too bad the youth movement failed. we will have to spend more to keep the core players so the fans won't revolt. And we won't get to raise prices much this year. And lets win a few games this year so we don't get stuck with the first pick or that rookie salary cap better happen. Because it is all about the money.

"When we couldn't win back to back winning seasons, I decided to go with the youth movement." Interpretation: When I knew we weren't going to the playoffs with the veterans last year I decided to blow up the team, and go cheap to line my pockets.

"No one thought we would be this bad." Interpretation: We better tell the fans something after this crap. We really gutted this team.

"We had to raise prices because of increased utilities." Interpretation: Doesn't really matter the reason. We can do what we want because we got them by the short hairs. Lets tell them it is utilities. They don't know any better.

"We are still committed to winning" Interpretation: Yeah we want to win as long as we make plenty of money along the way. Too bad the youth movement failed. we will have to spend more to keep the core players so the fans won't revolt. And we won't get to raise prices much this year. And lets win a few games this year so we don't get stuck with the first pick or that rookie salary cap better happen. Because it is all about the money.

The bolded quote is the quote that I just cannot shake. Excuse my french, but what the f*ck did he expect?! This team is horrible, and there was plenty of us who could see it from the beginning. Hopefully, he rights the ship, but I still dont like how he approached this season. Basically, willing to write off a season to please his fellow owners. That's ridiculous to me

Archived