• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

12/9 practice observations (assuming anyone cares at this point)

CatMan72

Swung by practice again today, you know things are bad when the home team is using a noise machine... that's right, we are practing with a noise machine in preparation for our home game against Atlanta this weekend, LOL

No Beason at practice today, resting his knee I assume.

Hurney was on the field watching practice, first time I've seen him do this in all the practices I've attended this year.

All things considered, Steve Smith seems to be in very good spirits... he was joking around with other players quite a bit.

Noticed Clausen and Coach Sherer having quite a bit of conversation and there were times when Jimmy seemed to be getting a little hot, or just emphatically explaining his point of view, as if he was responding to criticism he didn't agree with... probably not a big deal, but it was interesting to watch.

Null was running the scout team, the guy is impressive looking and has an arm, but didn't complete many passes. Vaughn was playing the part of Tony Gonzalez, Trent Guy was playing the part of Roddy White.

Munnerlyn was at practice today but was not participating.

Darin Gantt had a really goofy looking "Fargo" hat on and was getting made fun of by many, including Steve Smith.

No, I didn't see Armanti doing anything that looked like 1st team work or taking any snaps - but I may have missed something, wasn't there for the entire practice.

A guy asked coach Fox for his autograph, he came right over and gave it to him, then made the comment "it's not as valuable as it used to be", LOL

Swung by practice again today, you know things are bad when the home team is using a noise machine... that's right, we are practing with a noise machine in preparation for our home game against Atlanta this weekend, LOL

good lord. embarrassing.

good lord. embarrassing.

"These are the times that try men's souls".....If you are a Panther fan, then this is truly our "Valley Forge". (Of course kids are probably not taught this in school anymore). The bright side is well...we all know what happend at Yorktown later. ;)

...oh and I just picked up a 2011 Calendar at the Panthers team store.

The cover features Jake handing off to DeAngelo, one of the months features Chris Harris, another month features Moose and yet another features Matt Moore.

Edit: and in an ironic twist, the calendar says it's the copyright of "Perfect Timing, Inc"... I think not.

"These are the times that try men's souls".....If you are a Panther fan, then this is truly our "Valley Forge". (Of course kids are probably not taught this in school anymore). The bright side is well...we all know what happend at Yorktown later. ;)

Yup, just like 2001 this is when we find out who the real fans are.

I got to be honest, I've had my issues with Foxy about his coaching/decisions, but I feel for him this year. I think he is a VERY good coach, at his best, and from all accounts, he's a really good guy off the field. Your stories always lend to that Catman...

I feel bad about how JR did him this year and I worry that other good coaches won't want to come here because of it... But, it is time for us to split ways after this season regardless and I wish him the best.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Edwards-works-waits/d7cd2ae1-dbae-4d86-b493-9159db94b3bd

The Panthers selected Edwards in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft, as a wide receiver. But as Carolina has struggled offensively, Edwards supporters continue calling for an expanded version of the "Mountaineer," -- the Panthers' version of the "Wildcat" package -- that the team used for two plays two months ago.

"Every now and then we'll rep it, see how it looks," Edwards said. "But I'm full-time at receiver."

Edwards understands that his future with the Panthers – aside from perhaps a gimmick play here and there -- lies at receiver. So even if some of his fans don't understand, those around him understand why he's not yet in the mix on game day.

Archived