• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore wants to stay a Panther

MurkN

New coach with a a new system equals a new QB. And whoever we hire is going to pick his QB of the future in the draft. Whether that's Luck, Newton, or Locker. He won't stick with Fox's leftovers, much less one that isn't even an established starter.

Clausen probably sticks around, but his days of starting end week after 17. We probqably start a vet week one next year, and switch to [insert rookie QB name here] mid-season.

Hopefully Moore sticks around as a backup, but that involves the FO admitting they made a mistake with Clausen, which will never happen. So I think it's happy trails for Moore, much as I hate to say it.

i meant he was more of a monkey wrench this past year. it f**ked the possibility of us signing a vet, backup, mentor, obi-wan for our young padawan QBs.

ah, gotcha. I agree 100%. One of the several dumb moves heading in. Matt Moore wasn't a vet....Moore still needed a vet.

Every good coach in the league will tell you how important that is Carolina kept preaching that is what Fox, Davidson, and Rip were for. 2 guys that no nothing about it and a guy who is horrible.

Mr. Scot correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Orton sign an extension that carries him through next year?

There aren't a lot of "vets" available this year that are realistic. Pennington I don't think will ever throw a football again, Hass probably stays in Seattle as the Vet because Whitehurst is almost as bad as Jimmy so no way he starts, Vick is going to stay, Manning stays, Troy Smith was a poor man's Matt Moore, Shaun Hill probably doesn't get out of Detroit, Seneca Wallace who knows, Tarvaris who knows but I think his shine has worn off, and Billy Volek likely stays in SD unless they want to upgrade.

Just looks like slim pickings to me. If Moore isn't here there is no doubt that he will get offers as a backup and it wouldn't surprise me if he wins a starting job somewhere.

I'd have to look it up on Orton. Thins the market even more if so.

Guys that still have jobs as quarterbacks in the league...

Brian Brohm (Bills)

Mark Brunell (Jets)

Kellen Clemens (Jets)

Dan Orlovsky (Texans)

Trent Edwards (Jags)

Brady Quinn (Broncos)

Kyle Boller (Raiders)

JT O Sullivan (Raiders)

Sage Rosenfels (Giants)

John Beck (Redskins)

Derek Anderson (Cardinals)

Todd Collins (Bears)

Chase Daniel (Saints)

AJ Feeley (Rams)

David Carr (49ers)

JP Losman (Seahawks)

Heck, John Skelton is starting against us this weekend. Rex Grossman might be starting in Washington.

You know who Peyton's backup is on the Colts? His name is Curtis Painter (which means I could ask that question all over again and you might still say "no").

He'll be hurt by the fact that he can't throw till late next spring, but looking at that list, I'd say Moore has a decent shot at catching on somewhere if he's not here.

I'd have to look it up on Orton. Thins the market even more if so.

Guys that still have jobs as quarterbacks in the league...

Brian Brohm (Bills)

Mark Brunell (Jets)

Kellen Clemens (Jets)

Dan Orlovsky (Texans)

Trent Edwards (Jags)

Brady Quinn (Broncos)

Kyle Boller (Raiders)

JT O Sullivan (Raiders)

Sage Rosenfels (Giants)

John Beck (Redskins)

Derek Anderson (Cardinals)

Todd Collins (Bears)

Chase Daniel (Saints)

AJ Feeley (Rams)

David Carr (49ers)

JP Losman (Seahawks)

Heck, John Skelton is starting against us this weekend. Rex Grossman might be starting in Washington.

You know who Peyton's backup is on the Colts? His name is Curtis Painter (which means I could ask that question all over again and you might still say "no").

He'll be hurt by the fact that he can't throw till late next spring, but looking at that list, I'd say Moore has a decent shot at catching on somewhere if he's not here.

To be fair Mr. Scot you could have just posted our current stable of QBs and the same point would have been made :) Actually that list looks leagues better than our current situation.

I don't know how much it will hurt him if he can get up to full speed fairly quickly.

The season ends in February and I think the article said he'll be able to throw/start throwing by March so depending on how quickly he gets back to normal I would say it won't hurt him at all.

Like I've said before I think he ends up here but I wouldn't be surprised if he got a shot to start somewhere else and took it.

Moore is a consummate underdog and I can't help but root for him. I hope he finds a place here and if not here than somewhere that he has a chance to succeed.

The Vikings seem a somewhat likely possibility for picking him up if we don't re-sign him.

Mr. Scot,

I watched Painter in preseason and know who he is and it seemed to me that he wasn't very good. Certainly not even close to Manning.

Mr. Scot,

I watched Painter in preseason and know who he is and it seemed to me that he wasn't very good. Certainly not even close to Manning.

Is there an easier job in the league than being Peyton Manning's backup?

You practice and you play in preseason. Other than that...

When was the last time Peyton Manning didnt start a reg season game? Why waste money on a good backup?

Could've said the same thing about Brady in 2008 perhaps.

You've got a point though. But if it were me I'd want someone who can take and execute the coaching an injured Manning would provide.

Archived