• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Universal whine about Clausen thread

Udogg

Yep the line was bad this year, but there is good reason as to why it was bad. We never had a right side to the line. Otah, our mauler was out all season. We never replaced Andrew Vincent. Once Wharton went down, that was it for the line. In all seriousness, it is shocking they had any success running the ball against the Bucs, Ravens, and Falcons. Imagine what a fully healthy line, along with Mankins (should be our number 1 target in free agency), would do.

i know why the line sucked, but still, the backups knew he was out and it was like they dont even belong in the pros. As for Logan Mankins, the panthers have shown NO interest in signing big name free agents. should Mankins get signed, yes, should Vincent Jackson or Malcolm Floyd get signed, yes, BUT in all likelyhood, they will avoid going big in free agency again.

actually on that play he didn't "just stare him down". he saw an opening and he physically motioned rosario into it. Yes he didn't look to anyone else because of the GIGANTIC OPENING Rosario was running into.

he then missed the throw.

had the ball been thrown literally a couple feet further that's a TD...

courage. Yes the O line sucks , but even when he as time and the opportunity to step up take the hit and make the throw he bails out. I don't think that can be taught, you either have the will to do it or not.

today i've seen some step-ups and more than enough hits by/against clausen...dont know where your problem is.

Dear lordy, they were shitting all over him. The word they chose was "Clueless" and they saw absolutely zero progression from his first start to week 16, and they are worried about it. Bruschi went on to say that mccoy is showing potential, bradford is showing potential, and The Golden Calf of Bristol showed potential in 1 start, but he sees absolutely no potential in Jimmy C. They both said go after andrew luck.

today i've seen some step-ups and more than enough hits by/against clausen...dont know where your problem is.

it's like i said, the problem seems like it's confidence in his team, that's a problem that MAY have to be fixed by letting him go like Washington did with Jason Campbell who had NO confidence either, but like i said, Richardson BETTER get Luck or Cam Newton an offensive line and a reciever besides Smith or i see them having issues.

Well, it's hard to see anything when your quarterback has no confidence. THAT is the problem, that's why Campbell isnt a Redskin. Clausen is gone next year and hopefully he regains his confidence (likely in Seattle) and Luck will come here and hopefully Richardson gets him an offensive line or Luck will be beaten around next year and he better get him a reciever besides Smith too.

Schlereth actually had me lol when he was talking about Jimmy C as only a 2nd Round QB and Carolina can make that transition because of that because he wasn't a first round QB.

That is what I've been trying to tell guys from other teams and their respective forums. People who know nothing about Carolina football, acts like Clausen was a top ten draft pick. They say Carolina is not ready to dump this guy yet. Look at where we drafted him people, there's a reason he fell to us.

Archived