• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 1997 NFL Draft

thunderraiden

Okay guys, so take a look at it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_NFL_Draft

Notice who picked first.

Now, imagine them picking first if this guy didn't feel this way about college:

"My college experience was a really good one, so I decided to stay all four years," Peyton said. "I just didn't want to look back and say I wish I would have stayed my senior year. That's really what it was in a nutshell. I just kind of wanted to be a senior in college. I had already completed my degree in three years, so, I knew I had a chance to slow things down a little bit. I had the opportunity to really take everything in and create a lot of memories for myself and I'm certainly glad I did. For months I was asked the same question repeatedly every day: 'why did you really stay?' I just wanted to enjoy being a college senior. For some reason people had a very hard time believing that."

http://www.peytonmanning.com/Pages/Main/About/early_years.htm

Rich, NFL QB dad, both in junior year of college, both smart.

I think history might repeat itself and we wind up becoming the St. Louis Rams whilst the team with the #1 pick next year becomes a force for the next two decades... I am afraid... so very afraid.

It looks a lot more bleak when you consider the team that owned the 1st overall pick that year was actually the New York Jets as opposed to the Rams, who traded into that slot for their 6th overall pick, 3rd and 4th and 6th round picks.

It didn't work out so well for them.

We can not go into next year with Jimmy as our starter............

....Unless you want to be picking first next year as well..

well if we pick first next year at least we can get Luck if he doesn't come out this year..

plus, what is up with people saying "draft aj green"? drafting a WR with r first pick is not only stupid, but we might as well hire Matt Millen as our GM cuz thats where we would be headed

Archived