• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why does all of the national media not give Carolina a chance at Harbaugh?

Hotsauce

Because they love their big market teams and can't stand the thought of two huge names like Luck/Harbaugh coming here. The Harbaugh ignoring I can understand - there is at least some evidence that he won't be here, but last night all you heard about Luck is 49ers this, Broncos that, we WE have the #1 pick! Yet not a word about the Panthers getting him.

I noticed that in last nights game....and Gruden was one of the guys talking about Luck!!!! You would figure Gruden would have common sense.

I think the NFL likes our franchise because we do make money and sell out our games. It's not like we are the Jags or the Bucs.

we arent bottom feeders but they would much rather see New York or Dallas do well, we also get the worst officiating and commentary

Yup, we're not "sexy" like the 49ers or the Broncos... as a general rule the national sports media ignores us, so this is no different.

According to Gantt, we've been talking to Harbaugh "for weeks".

Exactly!! It annoys me too considering if Denver or SF held the #1 pick in the draft, all the media would be talking about is the marriage of coach and player being re-united at the NFL level. It makes just as much sense as him going to SF (Bay Area connection) or Denver (Elway/Stanford connection). If any big market team that needed a coach and a quarterback, and held the #1 overall pick (which happens to be where Luck would go), we would hear that way more than all this other crap we've heard. It's getting downright annoying and I hope that we snag both of them just to spite the media. I'd love to watch them backpedal and act like we were a darkhorse all along, it makes too much sense, yada yada.....blah blah.

Harbaugh can win immediately in SF...will take a while in Car

How's he going to do that? Who's the QB for SF? Is Gore going to be able to play the whole season? Who else besides Willis will step up on defense? Win immediately? The 49ers couldn't even win in the god damn NFC West. Couldn't even get to 7-9 to win the division. Win immediately, haha, okay.

Archived