• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Press Conference Response Thread

chknwing

I have to admit that I'm dissapointed nobody really stepped up and challenged JR on any of his responses.

As an example, JR made a comment that he's "extremely enthusiastic" about the team and doesn't feel we need to "breath life" into it like he did in 2001... I would have liked someone to ask him how he could be so enthusiastic about a 2-14 team?

7. JR confirmed that he was infact "too cheap" to fire a coaching staff he had lost faith in.
meh...he said he didn't like the idea of paying a coach over $11mil to not be here and pay for another coach. can't say i blame him and wouldn't call that cheap. i call that sensical and fiscally responsible.

meh...he said he didn't like the idea of paying a coach over $11mil to not be here and pay for another coach. can't say i blame him and wouldn't call that cheap. i call that sensical and fiscally responsible.

Yeah, I wasn't really passing judgement just commenting on what I heard - but I do think there's a point at which this may be penny wise but pound foolish.

If you've lost faith in your coaching staff, then it might be worth every cent to send them on a paid permanent vacation for the sake of the greater good.

Archived