• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fewell a serious candidate?

The Saltman

dont get him please!!!! i am NOT a fan of Fewell, sure he did a good job with the Giants, BUT that team has a ton of talent like Osi, Tuck, Rolle, Phillips, Webster among others, PLUS this is the same team that gave up a good size lead to Vick. Fewell maybe a pretty good coach, but he's NO Rivera or Ryan and i rather have them than Fewell.

if he is the leading candidate i'm pretty discouraged as a fan.

none of the guys we have listed are favorites of mine. i guess rivera would be top of my list but no one has me all that excited or feeling that this team is serious about being successful. hiring fewell would tell me they were fine with fox and want things to stay the same and that they weren't really serious about getting the stands full and fans excited. he's just more of the same, just wrapped up in a rooney rule friendly shell.

if Rivera was as great as many of us think, I'd imagine he'd get hired... he's probably had more interviews than any other assistant in the league... like over a dozen? I mean, something weird is going on there. I understand it taking a bit of time to get the right fit, but that many?

Wasn't Fewell kinda aggressive this year on defense? Or no?

if Rivera was as great as many of us think, I'd imagine he'd get hired... he's probably had more interviews than any other assistant in the league... like over a dozen? I mean, something weird is going on there. I understand it taking a bit of time to get the right fit, but that many?

I forgot all who he has interviewed for other then the Steelers..

I forgot all who he has interviewed for other then the Steelers..

Up to 2007 he had interviewed for 9 NFL head coaching spots. I don't know all of them. He's interviewing for a couple more this year and I suspect he had other interviews along the way.

According to Wikipedia, he was a candidate for Cardinals, Cowboys, Chargers, "and others"...

Actually from what I remember, the Giants D was heavily scrutinized at times for being too conservative. You know what one of their huge problems was? Same as Fox... The defense revolved around the idea that you mainly just rush the front 4 and if they don't get there then you're out of luck... Think he started blitzing more towards the end of the year, but they were struggling there for a couple weeks b/c of this.

I don't think he was that aggressive. DL talent in NY is just very very good when they want to play.

Archived