• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Serious and Attainable QB's for next year

trucpfan

I am really looking to see who people think we can bring in to run our offense this year I know there are a few options but what do the people think. McNabb struggled some this year but its not like we need a passing game to lead us we need it to be decent because our run game should be back on track. He throws a great deep ball, or Kyle very effective and effecient are there other options????

Kyle O. to San Fran

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/10/vernon-davis-to-kyle-orton-come-on-buddy/

or just to be trading him for a second

http://predominantlyorange.com/2011/01/10/to-trade-or-not-to-trade/

I am really looking to see who people think we can bring in to run our offense this year I know there are a few options but what do the people think. McNabb struggled some this year but its not like we need a passing game to lead us we need it to be decent because our run game should be back on track. He throws a great deep ball, or Kyle very effective and effecient are there other options????

According to JR, we will focus more on the passing game. No to McNabb.

Orton... despite what some fans may think, he was very solid in Chicago and even better in Denver..

Orton is looking better and better he is an accurate passer who reads the field well, but it seems like something is lacking from his game I don't know what it is though.

As far as Vick goes how the Hell can we take him away from the Eagles they are in the driver seat even if we offer more money he is going to be loyal to the team who restored his career. Along with the fact they have probably the best wide reciever combo out don't see him as a REALISTIC option. But we never know

I'm good with orton but I also like Alex Smith, I know there are a lot of people that won't agree but he is young and could be a perfect guy to come in and make big boy throws. He is a decent QB and if we bring in Green he would have more weapons than he ever did in SF.

Smith may not be that talented but he has somehow hung around despite being written of time and time again.

He has a bit of determination and hard work in him, that's the kind of guy we want to bring in.

Two ways to go with this one:

1. If you are looking for a vet to help Jimmy on the sidelines, and help deal w/ inuries on occasion. Then you need to bring in somone like Bulger. This assumes that the franchise is willing to give Clausen more time to develop and surround him with a better / more experienced supporting cast.

2. JR / Hurney do not think Clausen is the answer and would be best suited as a backup. In that case you bring in someone like Youmg, Kolb, etc... who could possibly be a full-time starter and not just a mentor.

Is it me or am I going crazy, Orton isn;t a free agent right? He signed a one year extension to take him through the 2011 season?!

I thought they tagged him... at least that's what I remember, him being one of the people that got screwed because of the new requirements to be a FA

I thought they tagged him... at least that's what I remember, him being one of the people that got screwed because of the new requirements to be a FA

Nope he signed a one year extension in August 2010 to take him through 2011. So the only way we can get him is through a trade.

Archived