• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Special teams asst Chris Tabor "likely" candidate to join Ron Rivera's Staff

The Saltman

People don't realize what a valuable commodity we have in John Kasay. Not that I expect anybody to, as we've had him forever, but every time I see a team lose a game because their kicker went 2/4 and 0/2 over 40 yards, I quietly thank the Panthers for keeping JK around all these years. You simply don't throw away a kicker that can hit them from 50 yards still and is automatic inside 40. If it takes an extra roster spot, then so be it.

I would rather cut Jason Baker and sign a punter that can also kick off than cut Kasay and have to replace his FG accuracy.

hey guys if we actually get an offensive coordinator that gets the job done and doesn't start playing ball control offense with a 3 point lead like fox did maybe we can finally get a young kicker in here that can do FGs and kickoffs before a STs blocker runs into Kasay and shatters his sternum

anyways in reality what is way more important that we should be discussing is if this new coach is going to make our punt and kickoff coverage better and to possibly get us to have a kickoff return for a td.

Salt this is going to be a major upgrade having good field position which this season Goodson did a fair job at. But to have a person who has an eye for a special player who has experienced a game changer and knows what to look for in the return game. This is what we need to make the playoffs in our division all the other teams have stepped up their offense and defense, it's going to come down to who does the little things better. Ten wins didn't get Tampa in the the tourney and that's just crazy.

Archived