• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

+1 on this. He admitted that being the starter for meaningful games was too much pressure for him last year...

:willy_nilly:

He said he felt pressure, not that he felt the pressure of being the starter on opening day for meaningful games and that is the reason that he played bad.

Do you see the difference?

If you are giong to keep Pike on the roster, then the other spot across from Jimmy has to go to a vet. These young QB's need someone on the sidelines to give them tips and keep thier head in the game after a bad play.

I think this was one of the biggest mistakes of this past offseason by the coaching staff. Look at what Testaverde did to motivate guys like D will

We've got young guys. Definitely don't need another one of those.

And it's a pretty big reach to say we "know Moore can't play". He played pretty well prior to last year.

Rivera isn't judging Clausen entirely on last season. Why should he judge Moore that way?

Because Clausen was a rookie. Moore was a vet with multiple years in our system.

ya Pike was a stupid wasted pick just like trading for Armanti.

I'll take MM, Pickles and any FA QB this year anyday. Now if we had luck coming it would be a whole scenario but :sad:

Edit:and for my 20,000 I just stuck up for MM and mentioned that we arent getting Andrew Luck this year :(

Edit#2 God I have no life

We've got young guys. Definitely don't need another one of those.

And it's a pretty big reach to say we "know Moore can't play". He played pretty well prior to last year.

Rivera isn't judging Clausen entirely on last season. Why should he judge Moore that way?

Is Pike the future? No. Cut ties with him and move on. Moore is another young guy, is he the future? No. Cut ties with him and move on.

There's nothing wrong with evaluating young players, but once you find out they can't play, you can't just keep them around because of a few meaningless games they had a couple years ago.

It's just time to move on.

Moore had his shot, get another guy in here and see what he can do.

This is just it TRD.

You look at that list with such disdain because you try so hard to convince yourself that Moore is even an average QB.

The guy is atrocious. Like, Fasani-bad.

How does Mr. Scot, one of the most respected posters on this board, look at that list? Does he have a Moore agenda as well? What about the others in this thread?

You're the only one that looks like a clown in this thread, sorry junior.

well, if you look at his play....the man has done more good than bad in his starts.

but if you only want to look at 2010 in a vaccum....he can't play. But he still looked significantly better than the 2 other rookies.

I'm sorry was he not suppose 2 be better then the rookies???

Don't keep bringing this up. You are saying a 4 year vet (who had been in the same system all 4 years) look better then 2 rookies. DUHH!!!!!

His rookie year was full of examples of him being much farther ahead than where they were this year.

He also Had Jake and Vinny as mentors Moose,Hoov, and a good Oline. Now compare that 2 what Jimmy had. Not 2 defend Jimmy's bad play but poo the supporting cast is not the same. So why bring up this point.

I'll be honest. The idea of Matt Moore throwing to Steve Smith in the slot, AJ Green, David Gettis, and Brandon Lafell gives me a chuddy.

I don't think it'll happen and sure, maybe we could find someone else at QB that is better, but eh. This offense was so screwed up last year, and Moore was able to put together a decent game in it.

So in your logic since he has only played 4 years but will be entering his 5th year in about half a year he already has that year of experience behind him? You are fast forwarding him 18 months.

Moore shouldn't of been playing as poorly as rookies in his 4th year in the system.

Are you honestly suggesting we offer Moore special treatment and keep him around one more year just to see if he finally gets it?

Why? Because you like him?

No. The guy has had his shot. He's not the answer, so let's move on.

with the new offensive staff, there will be no continuity whatsoever with any of the quarterbacks. with that continuity gone, so is the main foundation for hope in matt moore as a panther. i think he's a goner.

I think if 31 other teams had there choice of Moore, Clausen or Pike. That most would prefer Moore.

:willy_nilly:

He said he felt pressure, not that he felt the pressure of being the starter on opening day for meaningful games and that is the reason that he played bad.

Do you see the difference?

The context of the question was whether or not the pressure of being the starting QB got to him and he said it did...

That's not to say he can't overcome that, but the book on Moore right now is that he can't handle the pressure of being "the guy" when it counts most.

The danger with a guy like this is that he'll look good in training camp, etc and then when opening day comes he'll have another brain fart. Gus Ferotte suffered from this same condition when he was with the Skins... would play like a stud in reserve, but the minute you named him the starter he folded. It wasn't until much later in his career that he learned to handle the pressure.

How does Mr. Scot, one of the most respected posters on this board, look at that list? Does he have a Moore agenda as well? What about the others in this thread?

You're the only one that looks like a clown in this thread, sorry junior.

I can look at Mr. Scot's opinion objectively because I know that he doesn't have an agenda.

You, on the other hand.....And stop replying to every post I make. If you have something to say it can wait to be placed in one post. I know your eager to defend your boy, but there's no need for me to have to post so many times on a single page because you can't dare have someone talk about your homey.

Archived