• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

They both have "an excuse," because the offense was all around abysmal. It wasn't until late in the season that the run game got clicking and it didn't seem to help Clausen at all save for one game (Arizona).

I don't think you can just say "Moore folded, time to ignore him completely as a possibility!" and move on. To an extent you almost throw out most of this season as far as judging players because of how it all went down, especially early, where nearly ever position on offense was in flux every couple weeks and we had no running game and no passing game practically.

Wow Mav

I think this is bullshit if Matt would have played better and build on what he did the year before we would have been a better team.

In the NYG game if he doesn't throw 3 dumbass INT in the red zone and we get 2 fg and 1 TD we win that game and the season starts out better with all young player having confidence.

If he moves the ball at all in the Tampa Game and keep the D off the field we win that game.

Wow Mav

I think this is bullshit if Matt would have played better and build on what he did the year before we would have been a better team.

In the NYG game if he doesn't throw 3 dumbass INT in the red zone and we get 2 fg and 1 TD we win that game and the season starts out better with all young player having confidence.

If he moves the ball at all in the Tampa Game and keep the D off the field we win that game.

This much is obvious and I certainly don't disagree. Honestly, he was awful against Tampa (How much was the concussion? It was retarded to start him) and really had 3 bad games. I don't think he was any good against anyone but San Fran this year. I'm not making excuses. Moore was bad.

But how many good games did we have on offense this year? We had a few good rushing games, but none with Moore, and one good passing game.

The entire offense was bad. Depending on how much money he is after, I don't see why bringing him to camp is so bad. It's not like we're just going to hand him anything. Make him work for it. If he's as good as TRD thinks, he'll start. If he's what a lot of you guys think, he'd probably get cut.

But the reality is, most any of the FA guys look like they'd be about the same level he is. If we bring in one guy from outside, still leaves us one slot if we bring 4 QBs to camp including our two sophmores. Seems to me like you sign a veteran you like that you know can start and you sign a cheap backup that can go in case your two sophmores aren't ready, and let them all compete in camp. To me, Moore seems a good option for "cheap backup."

edit: about "keeping the defense off the field" against Tampa, we actually had the ball 29 minutes, 41 seconds, and they had the ball 30 minutes, 49 seconds. our defense let them get 2 touchdowns in 2 of their first 4 possessions (on a 54 and 80 yard drive) so meh @ moore losing us that game.

Now your changing your statement !!!

"I ment late in the season"

Still you would be wrong.

Matt still had a better supporting cast and more then half the season 2 sit and watch. Plus alot of vet leadership in the huddle and the sideline.

lol, late in the season is when you realistically would get the best from Jimmy. Factoring in the other games which we can do just makes him look even worse.

Moore didn't have a better cast as rookie. Jimmy had signicantly better ground prodcution in games than Moore ever did. Just b/c Moore opted to use the best WR on the field didn't mean his WRs/offense was better.

The more I think about it, I really think we're going to bring someone in that Clausen can watch and learn from, someone solid that's been around a while and can play decently while leaning on the running game. Smart-ass comments aside, I doubt the vet will be a huge upgrade in talent over Moore, but I think they'll have more experience to pass along.

Vet/Clausen/Developmental guy (Pike or Draft pick)

All depends on CBA. If it gets finished early I think they look at other options. If you have a long lockout into September, and Moore appears healthy, I think they try and bring him back. I will say if Moore had the running game at the first of the year, the Panthers showed the last six weeks, Panthers win another 3-4 games.

hmm, I'm pretty far down on that list. Surprising :o

The more I think about it, I really think we're going to bring someone in that Clausen can watch and learn from, someone solid that's been around a while and can play decently while leaning on the running game. Smart-ass comments aside, I doubt the vet will be a huge upgrade in talent over Moore, but I think they'll have more experience to pass along.

Vet/Clausen/Developmental guy (Pike or Draft pick)

I think think is what our opening day roster may be, but there is a possibility we bring back Moore if we don't draft a QB.

I'm not sold that Pike is worth developing and honestly I doubt the FO is either. As a 6th rounder he may have been a steal but we'll have to see what he actually shows this camp.

I expect us to bring 4 QBs to camp. If we draft one, I doubt Moore comes. If we don't, I think he would fit in nicely with the group we'd bring in.

lol, late in the season is when you realistically would get the best from Jimmy. Factoring in the other games which we can do just makes him look even worse.

Moore didn't have a better cast as rookie. Jimmy had signicantly better ground prodcution in games than Moore ever did. Just b/c Moore opted to use the best WR on the field didn't mean his WRs/offense was better.

Yes he did

Oline was better

wr about the same but smith was younger and not hurt all preseason

Rb Dwill was taken over for Foster and putting up 5.0 yards per carry and had hoov blocking for him.

When Moore went to the sideline he could talk 2 Vinny and Jake not Matt, Pike, Bsp, Null.

Archived