• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Coach, there's too much pressure on me..."

Mr. Scot

His next stop was New Orleans and Mike Ditka. He went into therapy while with them and came out of it a sober, different person.

The Panthers have never been able to deal with players that have problems outside of football. He should've had help his first year here.

I remember going to the game that year when I was a kid and everyone in the stadium was chanting "Kerrrryyyyy.....Kerrrryyyyy....You Suck!" non stop. I believe the QB for the Saints also got hurt and the opted to put the 3rd string QB in before him. I could be wrong but I was a kid

I still remember hearing stories about Collins being out at bars in Charlotte drinking and chain smoking on weeknights during the season...

in Ernie Accorsi's book he states that when he interviewed Collins to sign with the Giants Kerry told him he always dreamed of playing on a traditional team, and then thought he got drafted to a team with a goofy looking uniform

people who think we should sign him as a vet should read this 8 times. I don't ever want this gutless turd playing on our field again unless our defense is knocking him senseless every time he drops back, maybe then he'll feel like he's playing against an NFL team, because according to him he didn't feel like he was playing for one when he was with us

...Goofy Uniforms...The Titans are known as the "thumb tacks" in reference to their GOOFY logo by their AFC rivals. I always wonder why folks still call Polian a "genius".....granted Collins was immature, but I still blame Polian, a man who's job it is to detect immaturity, and look for red flags to at least get with Capers and look at Collins as a long term project rather than a starter that quickly. I agree with you Bull, I knew 18 year privates when I was in the military that had more courage in their little toe than Collins had in his whole being, or at least showed the fans when he was here.

There was a time when the Titans QB depth chart included Kerry Collins, Vince Young and Chris Simms.

I remember thinking that bunch needed a trip to The Wizard. Then they could have asked him for a heart, a brain and a spleen.

i was going to rep you but the damn system told me i had to give it to someone else before I could rep you again...its not your fault this was hilarious...say la vee

what's funny is that this guy was the QB that the titans brought in to give volek a little competition for the starting job and volek went and whined to his FO because they weren't outright giving him the start and asked for a trade. the coaching staff wasn't hapy with volek not putting any extra time and work into his potential starting job so they thought bringing in someone like collins might light a fire under his arse, but all it did was turn volek into not just a lazy player with a bad work ethic, but a whiner who when things got tough ran away.

and to think this is also the same guy that so many people think would be a good mentor for our young QBs? :lol: what a joke.

what's funny is that this guy was the QB that the titans brought in to give volek a little competition for the starting job and volek went and whined to his FO because they weren't outright giving him the start and asked for a trade. the coaching staff wasn't hapy with volek not putting any extra time and work into his potential starting job so they thought bringing in someone like collins might light a fire under his arse, but all it did was turn volek into not just a lazy player with a bad work ethic, but a whiner who when things got tough ran away.

and to think this is also the same guy that so many people think would be a good mentor for our young QBs? :lol: what a joke.

Yeah, I don't get the "love-fest" for Billy Volek, either. A slightly above average backup to provided "competition"? Haven't the fans had enough of these types of players at QB? I'd rather stick with Clausen/Pike and re-sign Moore.

Volek left Tennessee because he wanted a shot at starting somewhere but didn't get it. I don't recall him being whiny about it. Competitive I have no issue with.

He knows the system and when he's played, he's been good. Given that all I'm looking for is a Rodney Peete type, that's fine with me.

Chudzinski and Rivera know him better than any of us. If they decide he's worth bringing in, I'll trust that decision.

Volek left Tennessee because he wanted a shot at starting somewhere but didn't get it. I don't recall him being whiny about it. Competitive I have no issue with.

He knows the system and when he's played, he's been good. Given that all I'm looking for is a Rodney Peete type, that's fine with me.

Chudzinski and Rivera know him better than any of us. If they decide he's worth bringing in, I'll trust that decision.

he had a shot at starting in tennessee. he "inherited" the job from mcnair. coaching staff wasn't happy with the lack of work and effort he was putting into being a starting guy so they brought in collins who had just finished a much less than spectacular performance with the raiders. volek got pissy and went and complained to the FO and said he wanted to be traded. they traded him for a 6th rounder. fisher and co. didn't really put up any kind of fight and fisher complained later about volek lying to him. it was pretty much agreed upon that volek wasn't starter material and wasn't much of a teammate there.

"when he's played, he's been good" how often has he played? when was the last time he put any real time on the field?

It's been a while. I'd have to look it up.

Worth noting that we (and media) assume he's an option because of his familiarity with the system and the staff, but for all we know, Rivera and Chudzinski might not like him.

The bottom line for me on Volek is that the guys we have on staff know him better than us, and I'll trust their judgment on whether to bring him in or not.

he had a shot at starting in tennessee. he "inherited" the job from mcnair. coaching staff wasn't happy with the lack of work and effort he was putting into being a starting guy so they brought in collins who had just finished a much less than spectacular performance with the raiders. volek got pissy and went and complained to the FO and said he wanted to be traded. they traded him for a 6th rounder. fisher and co. didn't really put up any kind of fight and fisher complained later about volek lying to him. it was pretty much agreed upon that volek wasn't starter material and wasn't much of a teammate there.

"when he's played, he's been good" how often has he played? when was the last time he put any real time on the field?

No. He was demoted below Kerry Collins after they drafted Vince Young. He was never given the shot at starter, considering Young essentially started the whole season and Collins was immediately placed above him on the depth chart, despite being signed just before the beginning of the season.

Here is how it actually panned out:

1. Young drafted

2. Volek starts the first 3 pre-season, but given less playing time than Young

3. Collins signed and starts 4th pre-season game (Volek given 1 pass)

4. Collins named starter

For the record, that particular pre-season Volek had put up:

25/39 (64.1%)

320 yards

1 TD, 1 Int

87.6 QB Rating

Archived