• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam gets defensive in an interview

mav1234

A team shook Cam Newton up by asking him about why he disobeyed coaches at the end of the Nat'l Championship game. Not a big deal, he is just a kid, but interesting it was that incident that threw him for a loop. Wonder what exactly happened?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6162145

According to the source, an NFL assistant coach questioned Newton about why he disobeyed his coach's orders at the end of the BCS National Championship Game, when Newton ran a quarterback sneak at the end of the game rather than take the knee that he was instructed. Newton was not expecting the NFL to ask him about the incident, and did not have a favorable reaction to it, according to league sources. He got defensive, and even referred to it Saturday. Asked about the interviews, Newton said, "Each and every team keeps you on your toes."

i hate the fact that this is tossed up on ESPN.com with probably no vetting process. let the team evaluate his response to that question, don't make it a gd news story. this is why the team interviews are intimate settings. just bad form, bad journalism, and almost certainly gamesmanship, being leaked by an organization that likes Newton a LOT.

Oh wow, now I want to hear more about what happened. Honestly, I don't think sneaking is such a big deal, just say that it was an opportunity that you didn't want to miss, or at worse, a mistake you won't make again. I really don't think that the question should invoke anything overly defensive. Come to think of it, when I read that he threw his laptop out his window, I thought he panicked under pressure too. This is becoming too much of a theme for my liking.

From what I heard and read his interview with the media went very well...gantt refered to the third person thing but also said "kid has magnetism".

daringantt Darin Gantt

All things considered, it wasn't a bad performance. He made some mistakes. Admitted them. Comes off well. Kid has a magnetism.

I wouldn't say that was "Very well," but certainly didn't go poorly.

Archived