• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All Signs Point to Newton as Panthers' #1

Catalyst

i watched it live. mayock entire mood changed about the guy after he answered those questions.

Me too. Actually I watched the whole combine without ever checking the huddle.

The monday following I got on here and was very disappointed at how negative the mood was about a guy who had a good combine overall. I'm not endorsing any player because I think that's just silly and a little conceited, but I was impressed with Newton, Dareus, Peterson, Austin, and to a lesser extent Fairley.

It's interesting to me that a team who very closely guards their inner-workings has been so public about their interactions with Cam...

I'm not sure where this info about workouts, etc is coming from - but if it's coming from the Panthers then it screams smoke screen.

If Marty believes Newton is worth the number one overall, I'll stick with him. I'd rather trade back though and see if we could get him later

Absolute best scenario would be as you say to go back to between 3rd and 5th pick and get one of these guys (Dareus/Peterson). I would also add Green to the mix.

Getting ready to talk about this on 1st and 10

Because of what herm edwards stated is why I think he'll be our pick along with everything else we have heard this offseason about our QB situation from our higher ups.

And interesting enough I'm thinking a lot of mocks/scouts/tv analyst don't have us taking Cam because they don't think we are willing to pay number 1 money to a QB smh.

I don't think Tom Sorenson knows anything more about our chances of drafting Cam then any of us do, beyond the obvious interest the Panthers are showing. Like Gantt said, his gig is opinion and he knew this article would generate exactly the kind of discussion we're having.

At this stage in the process, the Panthers don't know who they're going to take, so there's no way Tom, Gantt or anyone else could know.

It's interesting to me that a team who very closely guards their inner-workings has been so public about their interactions with Cam...

I'm not sure where this info about workouts, etc is coming from - but if it's coming from the Panthers then it screams smoke screen.

I don't think they're being any more public, actually. It's just that we're picking 1st overall this year and those players always get more attention than the mid-late 1st rounders that we usually bring in for workouts/interviews.

Archived