• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All Signs Point to Newton as Panthers' #1

Catalyst

We are both saying the same thing! That is what I have said from the get go. Most of us have said that he is being considered and all these dinners, etc. are evidence that he is being strongly considered.

That is all I have said anyway. Only a few people have said this was definitely going down.

We are not saying the same thing.

You think the dinners and personal workouts mean that we are "leaning" towards drafting him.

I am saying that it ONLY means that he is one of 6-7 players that we are considering.

I was happy we drafted Clausen. Then I saw a scared kid the had no leadership, fumbled snaps, and couldnt throw over the d-line. So I'm glad we got to see what he was early instead of sitting him to come out and be the same. While others are working on thier game Jimmy is taking trips to the bahamas as if he won a ring already. I have no problem with us bringing in a vet to compete with Jimmy. Hopefully Jimmy gets better and becomes something, but I want us to draft Newton and let our coaches do their job and thats to make him the best he can be.

I am not happy with Clausen's performance either. I think that he needs time to learn at a minimum.

However, I don't believe in picking th ebest QB in a poor QB draft for that reason.

I am not happy with Clausen's performance either. I think that he needs time to learn at a minimum.

However, I don't believe in picking th ebest QB in a poor QB draft for that reason.

I'd take Cam in any QB class actually this class isnt that bad. The media would have you believe that since Cam is the best in the class the same way they tried to push him to a late 1st to 2nd round pick before they realized how stupid they sounded. Cam is in the same league as Luck and any other Qb they hype up. The reason I'd take Cam is because he can stand in the pocket without panicking and make the throw or if no one is open (which happens) he can make big plays with feet.

But the same Cam Haters would want Luck if he came out this year. They could care less about Jimmy if they got Luck so get the fug outta here with this "Sitting Jimmy" Crap and not giving him a chance argument. If we don't draft Cam, that is all fine with me but deep down I want the Panthers to draft him so I can see some of the Cam Haters implode. A lot of this hate towards Cam is unneeded.

You haters can go kick rocks.

But the same Cam Haters would want Luck if he came out this year. They could care less about Jimmy if they got Luck so get the fug outta here with this "Sitting Jimmy" Crap and not giving him a chance argument. If we don't draft Cam, that is all fine with me but deep down I want the Panthers to draft him so I can see some of the Cam Haters implode. A lot of this hate towards Cam is unneeded.

You haters can go kick rocks.

KT thinks I'm a Cam Hater even tho I never commented on wanting or not wanting Cam. I never saw Luck so I had no reason to want him so your Cam Haters would want Luck statement is false.

The only reason Cam is relevant as a top Qb in this draft class is because of his physical ability. The guy rushed for over 1700 yards, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Yet, the last time I checked, Qbs don't get payed for running the ball. In fact, the more they run, the more they get hurt. In some of his runs, it looked more like he was stumbling around, definitely not light on his feet. Besides the physical part though, the guy is not the most accurate passer I've seen, and will not cut it against top notch defenses.

All in all, this guy is the most hyped Qb I've seen in a while. Nothing about him tells me he's the guy I want leading the team. Andrew Luck was hyped for a reason. Look at his highlights, they speak for him. I'm just hoping a team is desperate enough to want to trade up for either Gabbert or Newton, yet if we had to take either of the two, Gabbert has the most upside.

The only reason Cam is relevant as a top Qb in this draft class is because of his physical ability. The guy rushed for over 1700 yards, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Yet, the last time I checked, Qbs don't get payed for running the ball. In fact, the more they run, the more they get hurt. In some of his runs, it looked more like he was stumbling around, definitely not light on his feet. Besides the physical part though, the guy is not the most accurate passer I've seen, and will not cut it against top notch defenses.

All in all, this guy is the most hype Qb I've seen in a while. Nothing about him tells me he's the guy I want leading the team. Andrew Luck was hype for a reason. Look at his highlights, they speak for him. I'm just hoping a team is desperate enough to want to trade up for either Gabbert or Newton, yet if we had to take either of the two, Gabbert has the most upside.

I haven't seen much of Cam, but most of what I have seen shows him hitting wide open WR so I don't know about his accuracy. But other people say they have seen him throw some very accurate balls.

All in all, this guy is the most hype Qb I've seen in a while. Nothing about him tells me he's the guy I want leading the team. Andrew Luck was hype for a reason. Look at his highlights, they speak for him. I'm just hoping a team is desperate enough to want to trade up for either Gabbert or Newton, yet if we had to take either of the two, Gabbert has the most upside.

Why do you worry that he ran for 1,400 (actually) and 20 TDs but leave out the fact that he also threw for nearly 3,000 yards and 30 TDs. In an offense he was still learning halfway thru the season??

I haven't seen much of Cam, but most of what I have seen shows him hitting wide open WR so I don't know about his accuracy. But other people say they have seen him throw some very accurate balls.

I haven't seen many of his games either, but from the ones I have seen, it wasn't anything spectacular. As a South Carolina fan, that first game we played him in, the most aggravating thing about him was his running ability. The second game he was more balanced.

One thing is for sure, if he was accurate, Richardson wouldn't have called Luck asking him why he decided to go back to college.

Archived