• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers interview transcript

L.A. Fanatic

He doesn't want to stay. End of story. The break-up is painful, but let him go. If they franchise him, then trade him and get some money and picks.

I think he has played his last game as a Panther and unless John Fox suddenly changes our defensive philosophy (not happening) then our love affair with Pep is over.

I am sad to see him go but....I don't want this to drag out any more than he wants to. It is obvious, this is all about him and his game...not this team. It's not the same as the average Joe Blow like me. I am not getting paid millions to do my job and bring a mind-blowing athletic presence to the field.

We are apples and oranges, Julius. Good luck to you...too bad you never realized your potential is not fully tapped here. <<sigh>>

The real reason Pep is leaving is because Beason came in and took over the D and the leadership role... now he's putting the finnishing touches on the 'Beason Era' by running his ass out of town. I do agree we need to get something for him even if we risk letting Gross walk.

Me thinks he lied some in that interview. Though what a crock its just about me wanting to do something different. Geez, there's a major reason behind this and why he wants to leave. What that is IDK. Maybe he just has problems and that's really the reason he wants to leave. oh well, best of luck to you peppers in doing something different.

He doesn't want to stay. End of story. The break-up is painful, but let him go. If they franchise him, then trade him and get some money and picks.

I think he has played his last game as a Panther and unless John Fox suddenly changes our defensive philosophy (not happening) then our love affair with Pep is over.

I am sad to see him go but....I don't want this to drag out any more than he wants to. It is obvious, this is all about him and his game...not this team. It's not the same as the average Joe Blow like me. I am not getting paid millions to do my job and bring a mind-blowing athletic presence to the field.

We are apples and oranges, Julius. Good luck to you...too bad you never realized your potential is not fully tapped here. <<sigh>>

good post...some people here act like their feelings are hurt over this...fact is he wants out notheing wrong with that

Me thinks he lied some in that interview. Though what a crock its just about me wanting to do something different. Geez, there's a major reason behind this and why he wants to leave. What that is IDK. Maybe he just has problems and that's really the reason he wants to leave. oh well, best of luck to you peppers in doing something different.

Basketball?

You know, if he just wants a change of pace I understand that. Calling him a chump and a traitor and whatever else is sad and pathetic. If anything be mad about the way they made it public. Having been in a job I was good at but didn't care to conitnue doing, i can see his point.

Not calling him a chump or a traitor.

He's not in the same situation as the average Joe no matter how he colors it.

He thinks he's played out the most of his abilities in our defense. I don't happen to think he has. He wants to try the other fields and see if it's greener. Sometimes those other pastures are brown. Sometimes not.

He's willing and not interested in seeing if his potential is truly met here by not giving the new defensive coaches a shot...we pretty much have a new defensive house and he's not willing to give them a chance. So be it.

Adios JPep. I hope you get what you want, but not all of it. I hope we get to the Superbowl without you now and let him reflect on that when it happens.

I believe the Panthers can do it. I am just sad that when it happens, he won't be on our side of the field.

Still says he was held back here. Hopefully another team will believe that.

I agree, Lady, I think he was fed up with our defensive policy and doesn't want to say it. If he keeps quiet about that, it will never come back to bite him in the ass. You never when his path might cross with Fox or some other offficial some where down the road. Don't burn your bridges.

Archived