• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gus Malzahn blasts Nawrocki (PFW)'s account of Newton

blackcatgrowl

so does this mean we should stick with Jimmy Clausen? I mean, man, Charlie Weiss gave the guy one hell of an endorsement and really said some great things about him. Maybe we don't need a QB after all if past coaches know so much about a guy.

I was waiting for one of Newton's coaches to speak up. If they didn't, it would have been concerning to me. The fact they did just tells me what I already knew: There is no easy answer here and no crystal ball to figuring out Cam Newton.

That being said, is it really that surprising that Newton would turn some people off? Even Moon has said that he is prone to "putting the cart before the horse." Some people just really don't like that. Now some of Nawrocki's comments were so specific it was strange, but the general gist of them sounds like someone who was rubbed the wrong way by someone extremely 'confident.'

Again with the twisted failing logic.

Clausen has a KNOWN losing record in Pro play. Newton does not.

Lol. Didn't you guys know only people who don't know Cam know him well enough to not be objective. Duh. If a guy knows him or has spent time with him or carried him on his shoulders then clearly they have no say so in his character.

Only people who have never met him can accurately portray his character.

Therefore, Gil Brandt and Marty Hurney are just nut hugging liars trying to throw you off the Narwocki scent.

But Hurney and Brandt have actually met Newton therefore they can no longer be trusted.

Pretty simple really. :rolleyes:

I know this was sarcastic, but I feel dumber after reading it :p

Teeray, you've reached 1/3 as many posts as me in 2 months and I've been here more than two years.

How many would you say of yours are about Cam? 90%?

How many thead are either about Cam or end up being about Cam anyway? About 90%?

Shocking :rolleyes:

And a completely objective, unbiased opinion I'm sure.

Like the other one was not bias? Come on..... That guy was selling something and needed to stir the pot.

Also who are you going to trust? Some one that may or may not have met Cam for 5 min or a guy that had a working relationship with him.

Trying to be objective here and stay neutral, but why would you trust one of his former coaches over a writer? One is obviously biased, and the other is not.

Not agreeing with one or the other but when I'm looking for an opinion on a player the LAST place I look for is an opinion by a former coach/teammate/whatever.[/quote

Yet a writer that has never talked to Cam, and didn't name one source at all is more credible huh?

Again with the twisted failing logic.

Clausen has a KNOWN losing record in Pro play. Newton does not.

...so this means his coach was lying when he said all that positive stuff? Or does it mean that you have to look at more than just what the coach is saying?

Archived