• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Lownes Newton breakdown

teeray

That's too bad, Kurt Warner being the top tier talent evaluator that we all know him as....:D

In fairness, his credentials in that regard would be equal to Warren Moon's.

Speaking of credentials, no offense Tee but did you look up the kid whose info you're posting?

Perhaps, but until he becomes a scout, scouting director, or anything of the like his opinion carries about as much weight as any other talking head.

If he was a draft guru he would be working for an NFL team.

Agreed. Like I said, it's just an opinion from a quality QB. I look at draft boards of actual NFL analysts and watch me some NFL network everyday (get my daily buzz, yeah pathetic I know) and I've only seen one or two have Newton at #1. It seems about 75%+ Have ether Dareus or Gabbert going at #1.

But people on the huddle tend to believe they know more than the people getting paid to know these things :rolleyes:

So wait - it's okay for someone to comment on a man's character, if he hasn't met him, as long as he isn't negative?

To say that his comments about his character aren't positive are ridiculous. Sure, you can get Warren Moon to say more positive things, but come on man :p

It's fine if you like this scouting report, I don't mean to tear it down, but I think he is basically saying what most people are in relation to his physical ability: He's got potential, but he's extremely raw and didn't show consistency in his passing game (footwork, drop backs, even throwing motion at times were inconsistent, which just goes to show how much he is still learning).

Narwocki questioning his character is one thing and I have said he has to answer some of those questions. To say he is a phony with a fake smile is quite a different story.

The reason I posted the scouting report is because it describes how he could be a lethal weapon in the NFL. You among others were asking about why his potential was so great and this scouting report speaks to it better than I did. I really don't care about his character section.

As far as Narwocki goes I have no problem with saying he has questions about his character, pay for play, lap top, etc. But essentially calling the guy a phony when you habent even spoken to him is a little over the top in my opinion.

In fairness, his credentials in that regard would be equal to Warren Moon's.

Speaking of credentials, no offense Tee but did you look up the kid whose info you're posting?

Doesn't matter to me because it isn't about who he is. I am not worried about him being the greatest draftnik or not. I know he works at draft breakdown and does some work with Rob Engle I think.

But I posted it bc A) I agree with him and B) it articulated the way Cam Newton could be a special QB in the NFL and a unique talent perhaps better than I did.

I will also say this was forwarded to me from some people I respect in the draftnik community and wasn't founf through a random google search.

So even if you think he is a hack the people who brought to my attention I respect.

Understood, but you're quoting a 21 year old sports management student at Ohio University.

Ryan Lownes has been scouting privately since 2004 and attending the draft since 2005. A Junior at Ohio University, Ryan is studying Sports Management and plans to pursue a career in NFL scouting after college. Ryan also recently signed on to write for The Bleacher Report.

Engle's biggest claim to fame is an internship with the Ravens.

Again that wasn't why I posted it. It was because I agree with him (I am not afraid to say that is the reason I used his evaluation). I never claimed he was a great draftnik.

But there are some bigger draft guys that think highly of him. I personally had never heard of him before this. But again he articulated very well how Newton could be a unique QB in the NFL and bc of a conversation some of us had (like MAV and CHEF) I thought I would post it.

Archived