• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I went to a job interview today, you will never believe what forum the boss was on!

Brokenbad

alright, hmmm, honey, help me out here, do i go with the affliction t shirt, the under armor polo, the ed hardy long sleeve, the panthers polo, or the butthole surfers t shirt

hmmm

hm

hmmmmmmm

god i gotta get this job oh god hmmmm

yes sir, no sir, im not hot. just like wearing three layers inside during a job interview

yes sir, im very fit. look how wide and smooth i am

am i sweating?

yeah they're working there

jesus christ i work in construction and ive interviewed off the raft Guatemalans who dressed better than you

:smilielol5:

Raging Bull, this is how you do it. Take notes.

Wow, you're getting sensitive. Welfare check? You went back and edited to toss that in? :D

Here's a friendly piece of advice. Wear a tie. If you think it's a casual environment, wear a blazer, otherwise wear a suit. And when you get there if you want to buddy up, and they're showing you around, you can take the tie off. But wear a tie. It's seriously one of those things that won't cost you, but may help you.

Wow, you're getting sensitive. Welfare check? You went back and edited to toss that in? :D

Here's a friendly piece of advice. Wear a tie. If you think it's a casual environment, wear a blazer, otherwise wear a suit. And when you get there if you want to buddy up, and they're showing you around, you can take the tie off. But wear a tie. It's seriously one of those things that won't cost you, but may help you.

Can it be a Panthers tie?

And what about pants? Optional?

I guess you dont have to, that welfare check treatin ya good?

Appearantly it starts at $24 an hour.

It is a broadcast engineer position.

Everyone there had on t-shirts and jeans....

LOL, Broadcast Engineer is my title too. I hope it is not my job you are getting. But then again, I deserve it since I read the huddle all day long.

Come on JR, if you had two equal candidates (Male), neither stood out, but one wore a tie to the interview and the other didn't, wouldn't that make an impression on you?

Maybe I'm just too white collar.

Oh I agree 100%...I would show up with a tie on for an interview to dig ditches.

Just not pants.

For the most part, I do agree with dressing up to impress. It kind of lets them know that you mean business....but (there is always a but, right?). Sometimes dressing up too much can be a negative against you. It shouldn't but it can be. Just like a job looking at your resume and saying you are overqualified for a position, this can work the same way against saying you over did the dressing up..I don't know..just my 2 cents.

For the most part, I do agree with dressing up to impress. It kind of lets them know that you mean business....but (there is always a butt, right?). Sometimes dressing up too much can be a negative against you. It shouldn't but it can be. Just like a job looking at your resume and saying you are overqualified for a position, this can work the same way against saying you over did the dressing up..I don't know..just my 2 cents.

:confused:

It doesn't matter what the people there are wearing, they already have the job. At my company, the CEO wears jeans and a polo and the CFO wears shorts everyday. People have wetsuits hanging from their office doors, people wear sandals, jeans, t shirts, etc all day everyday, unless we have Uncle Sam visiting.

When I interviewed, I came in a suit even though I already knew what everyone at the company wore since I already knew some people in the company.

Archived