• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gantt no longer covering Panthers

BountyHunter

The stuff about being grateful that someone let him stay on in some capacity I think is telling...

I think it means he's happy to have been given a job of a lesser scale. If he had really pissed off someone, he wouldn't be at the paper at all...much less still in the Sports Dept.

It's not like the Observer was scared to ruffle the team's feathers. Meat pointed out that it was Charles Chandler who doggedly pursued the Dr. Shortt story. And Gantt wasn't the mouthpiece people claimed. His article a few years back about the team needing a psychiatrist was pretty scathing. Plus his insistence that they were talking to Harbaugh ruffled feathers for sure.

Even with that in mind though, I have a hard time buying the Panthers were involved in this. Again, as Meat pointed out, the Observer is the predominant paper in the area. The Panthers need them just as much as they need the team.

I think it was a publisher decision. Why? Unknown.

i'm i the only one who thinks this is good news?? also, it's funny how newton fans seem to be his biggest fan.

Cam ain't got nothing to do with it.....

also most of Gantt supporters in this thread are often the ones who call him an idiot. He may be an idiot at times but the guy was on top of things like no other. Now we don't have anyone covering Carolina to the degree Gantt did. That is a situation where fans lose.

Cam ain't got nothing to do with it.....

also most of Gantt supporters in this thread are often the ones who call him an idiot. He may be an idiot at times but the guy was on top of things like no other. Now we don't have anyone covering Carolina to the degree Gantt did. That is a situation where fans lose.

I agree with you. Gantt mad me sorry I read his column plenty of times because he was so opinionated but he did a good job and it's going to be a tough spot to fill.

Archived