• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Espn top 10 LBers. Beason tied for 9ths.

Pox 08

I was going to start a Beason appreciation thread but I didn't really have enough substance so I'll just voice my opinion here: the Panthers are lucky to have a player like him on the team. Watching twitter he's setting the tone, tweeting about workouts at 5am every day like clockwork, and the other players are following suit. I remember the offseason workout video of him last offseason. I think he's got the right attitude and the right work ethic, and I really think the team looks to him as a leader. He fills that role perfectly. One of the top 2 or 3 Panthers draft picks ever, and I can't wait for him to get locked up long term on a nice contract that will pay him lots of money. He deserves it.

This is the same group of clowns who rated Darren McFadden and couple of other clowns a better back D'lo (among some other backs who were better..)

Why does anyone care what these goobers say? They're morons. They've proven it time, and time, and time again..

Patty:

Our Power Rankings for the linebackers are out and Carolina’s Jon Beason is the only NFC South representative.

He finished in a tie for ninth place with Kansas City’s Tamba Hali. This was an especially tough vote because we had to factor in 3-4 linebackers like Hali, DeMarcus Ware and other pass-rushers with guys who play the middle in the 4-3, like Beason.

I put Beason No. 6 on my ballot and NFC West colleague Mike Sando had him at No 5. But three panelists left Beason completely off their ballots. I think Beason has been forgotten a bit around the league because of what’s happened in Carolina, but he’s still the best linebacker in the NFC South.

Beason was the only linebacker from the division on my ballot and was the only NFC South linebacker to receive any votes from any of the panelists. For the record, I gave strong consideration to New Orleans’ Jonathan Vilma. He would have made my ballot if so many pass-rushers didn’t get in the way and those guys do make a big impact.

Atlanta’s Curtis Lofton and Tampa Bay’s Barrett Ruud? Both are very solid middle linebackers, but they don’t make many game-changing plays. I also would have given Carolina outside linebacker Thomas Davis a vote if he hadn’t missed last season with an injury. When healthy, Davis is on par with Beason.

Patty: I put Beason No. 6 on my ballot and NFC West colleague Mike Sando had him at No 5. But three panelists left Beason completely off their ballots. I think Beason has been forgotten a bit around the league because of what’s happened in Carolina, but he’s still the best linebacker in the NFC South.

That was part of my take too. That, plus the position switch.

I'm sorry but people on here are whining due to their own ignorance. It ranks all linebackers which makes it a bit muddled. They aren't even the same players anymore, the fact that draft websites don't have seperate sections for 3-4 olbs/4-3 strongside backers, and 4-3 inside/outside backers frustrates me. They might as well throw in some Tampa 2 DE's if they think 3-4 outside guys are comparable to 4-3 guys.

Beason is the 5th ranked inside backer on that list. The only inside linebackers ahead of him excluding mayo are HoF locks. Anybody upset over that is just complaining for the sake of complaining.

If you put all 9 guys on that list at 4-3 linebacker positions with 4-3 assignments Beason would be tied for 3rd/4th on the most conservative, objective opinion this panther fan can give.

It doesn't matter how terrible you think the list is he is in company with HoF's it's a GOOD thing.

I'm sorry but people on here are whining due to their own ignorance. It ranks all linebackers which makes it a bit muddled. They aren't even the same players anymore, the fact that draft websites don't have seperate sections for 3-4 olbs/4-3 strongside backers, and 4-3 inside/outside backers frustrates me. They might as well throw in some Tampa 2 DE's if they think 3-4 outside guys are comparable to 4-3 guys.

Beason is the 5th ranked inside backer on that list. The only inside linebackers ahead of him excluding mayo are HoF locks. Anybody upset over that is just complaining for the sake of complaining.

If you put all 9 guys on that list at 4-3 linebacker positions with 4-3 assignments Beason would be tied for 3rd/4th on the most conservative, objective opinion this panther fan can give.

It doesn't matter how terrible you think the list is he is in company with HoF's it's a GOOD thing.

I'm not "whining" bro, I'm just calling BS as I see it.

Anyone who doesn't think Beason is a top 5 LB in the league, and one of the best defensive playmakers in the NFL is, as my dad would call it, a "DA"

Archived