• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to draft Cam Newton

venom

the thing that people aren't getting..the Panthers have been in Newton's hip pocket since the combine..if after all that we are still going to draft him I have confidence we did our due dilligence..we did not do this with clausen(we had no idea to really).

The correct thing to do is:

Draft Patrick Peterson with 1st overall pick

Address all other team needs with rest of draft picks

Worry about QB later

Sign Brodie Croyle/Matt Leinart/J.P. Losman/Kyle Boller in FA to be starter once CBA gets done. Preferably Croyle because he's awesome.

The correct thing to do is:

Draft Patrick Peterson with 1st overall pick

Address all other team needs with rest of draft picks

Worry about QB later

Sign Brodie Croyle/Matt Leinart/J.P. Losman/Kyle Boller in FA to be starter once CBA gets done. Preferably Croyle because he's awesome.

John Fox does not work here anymore!

If the Panthers feel Newton is their franchise QB after their evaluations they HAVE to take him..if not it's probably Dareus..but so far everything is still pointing to them believing he is/can be.

...I'd rather just keep Matt Moore.

well maybe bring in Leinart for cheap and have him compete with Moore, but he'll have other offers and doubt he'd do it.

...I'd rather just keep Matt Moore.

well maybe bring in Leinart for cheap and have him compete with Moore, but he'll have other offers and doubt he'd do it.

I'm pretty sure Leinart can't/won't throw it deep..one of the reasons he was kicked out of Arizona.

I'm pretty sure Leinart can't/won't throw it deep..one of the reasons he was kicked out of Arizona.

I've heard that, which is why I wouldn't really "bring him in to start", but if he's sitting in the bargain bin I'd rather bring him in to compete with Moore/Jimmy (this is assuming we dont draft a QB...) than some of the other options mentioned. I'd still just prefer we keep Moore.

If we do draft Cam I kinda hope we trade Clausen. I'd rather we go into next season with 2 "veterans" and Cam than one vet, Clausen, and Cam. but... that wont happen.

I've heard that, which is why I wouldn't really "bring him in to start", but if he's sitting in the bargain bin I'd rather bring him in to compete with Moore/Jimmy (this is assuming we dont draft a QB...) than some of the other options mentioned. I'd still just prefer we keep Moore.

If we do draft Cam I kinda hope we trade Clausen. I'd rather we go into next season with 2 "veterans" and Cam than one vet, Clausen, and Cam. but... that wont happen.

The weakness of Leinart's arm is only rivaled by that noodle arm of one Ken Dorsey... I don't care if he's in the bargain bin, if you lost the starting position roughly 3 different times IIRC, with the last relinquishing resulting in being released in favor of Derek Anderson...

NO THANKS

And to be honest, I'm fine with trading Clausen, and I would really like to see Moore and Pike as the guys with Cam. I'm still curious as to what MM and/or Pike could do in extended time in a REAL offense.

I'm actually close friends with Henry Thomas, the Panthers director of broadcasting and new media. He goes to my church.

In reality I've never met the man. I couldn't pick him out of a lineup, and I have no idea where - or even if - he goes to church.

But I could tell you that I know him, you can look his name up on the site and confirm that he's a real Panthers employee. Then I can attribute whatever I want to him and, unless you actually do know him, you likely couldn't prove otherwise.

The joys of internet anonymity :D

We don't know if you go to church either.

My parents are good friends with someone in particular who works within the Panthers organization, and I was told as of today from this source that he can guarantee we will be selecting Newton in the draft. Anyways...figured this news was worth sharing :cool:

Is this the first time your source has told you who the Panthers will draft? I would assume you have known the source for a long time. Have you ever made any other predictions on this forum using your source?

Archived