• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting mock draft (with trade) by James Dator

JawnyBlaze

http://www.derp/2011/4/21/2124925/mocking-the-2011-draft-with-james-dator

Summary:

1st - Dareus

trade 2011 3rd & 4th and 2012 3rd for St. Louis' 2nd - Mallet

Comp in 3rd - Kenrick Ellis

5th - Demarcus Love, OL, Arkansas

6th - Shaun Chapas, FB, Georgia

Comp in 6th - Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College

Erroneously thinks we have our 7th - Jerrell Powe

Comp in 7th - Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio State

I like the first three picks. I'd rather that 5th round pick be spent on Julius Thomas than Demarcus Love then that 6th round pick spent on OL. I really don't understand taking another FB...I mean what team carries two young fullbacks...If we could spend our comp in the 7th on Jerrell Powe, I'd be ecstatic.

I would love Herzlich in the sixth, even though I would have to say I don't know if he is still any good or if he fits what we do defensively. I've talked about how I think Mallet is a good fit for our system, and I could see the team pulling a trade up for him.

It'd make for an interesting draft day if nothing else. The board would explode if we passed on Cam.

http://www.derp/2011/4/21/2124925/mocking-the-2011-draft-with-james-dator

Summary:

1st - Dareus

trade 2011 3rd & 4th and 2012 3rd for St. Louis' 2nd - Mallet

Comp in 3rd - Kenrick Ellis

5th - Demarcus Love, OL, Arkansas

6th - Shaun Chapas, FB, Georgia

Comp in 6th - Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College

Erroneously thinks we have our 7th - Jerrell Powe

Comp in 7th - Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio State

I like the first three picks. I'd rather that 5th round pick be spent on Julius Thomas than Demarcus Love then that 6th round pick spent on OL. I really don't understand taking another FB...I mean what team carries two young fullbacks...If we could spend our comp in the 7th on Jerrell Powe, I'd be ecstatic.

Its a nice solid draft. That defensive line will be two nice. Also you get to throw in Ryan Mallett.

If we got a second round pick and didn't get a QB the first round, I would want Jake Locker over mallet. Mallet has alot of issues.

Locker appears to be going first round.

The Gollum looking guy on ESPN, last night thought Mallet could drop to 3rd round.

Also, will be difficult to trade up using next year's picks; without knowing look of CBA. Players lawsuit wants to dump draft all together.

Archived