• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB Janoris Jenkins in Supplemental draft

JawnyBlaze

Sorry if this has already been posted/discussed, too many new threads today after work to sift through them all.

I read Janoris Jenkins is probably going to declare for the supplemental draft. He was considered the #3 CB in the draft before he said he was going back to school. What would you guys think about using our next year's 2nd round pick on him? A team would have to bid their 1st to beat us, so I'd say we'd be all but guaranteed to get him with our 2nd.

His reason for declaring is getting kicked off the team for too much fondness for Mary Jane. Does this eliminate the Panthers' interest in him? I say it'd probably be worth it.

I would do it just because if we are taking Cam and then take this guy with what would be a potential 2nd round pick, we cheat the system and basically get a CB just a notch below PP... So it's like 2 possible 1st round picks, at the very least replaces Marshall.

Then again, after the Rashard Anderson debacle, I don't know if JR would approve another weed head CB.

Guest Setfree1012

And two players with character red flags, maybe they can be suspended together!!!

So what is it you think Cam would get suspended for....? Gotta love the haters (I'm a supporter of whoever we draft FYI). I'm just curious why everytime you post regarding Cam you take a shot?

You ever broke a law before, ever been in trouble, or are you perfect :rolleyes:

Guest Setfree1012

how does the supplemental draft work if you don't mind me asking?

I do not know for sure, but judging off of these posts it appears to be some type of bidding war involving future picks, I'd also be inclined to believe that they potentially use the waiver order to determine the value of one pick being higher than another given a situation any two team bid the same pick.

You bid a pick for the next season, highest bid wins. I would take him for a second rounder. He wouldn't have been thrown off if it wasn't for the new coach. He has top 10 talent. There is less risk getting him with a 2nd than giving one up for Armanti Edwards.

Archived