• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pep will probably be traded..

bLACKpANTHER

on Draft Day.. the way that Marty waited til the very last moment to show his cards on the Gross/Pep deal.. and the way the organization hasnt let any info slip throught the cracks these past few weeks.. we have been on lockdown and i fully expect Marty to throw the monkey wrench into the way things work on Draft day..

what say you? before D-Day? on D-Day? or does he stay with the team this season??

They will need to get this done at least a few days prior to the draft. Otherwise, how are they going to know where they will be picking, what players to scout, etc.?

I think they will be forced to scout a wider range of 1st round talent than ever before. Every player on their big board top 50 has to be considered now because they just don't know.

I think they will be forced to scout a wider range of 1st round talent than ever before. Every player on their big board top 50 has to be considered now because they just don't know.

Unfortunately, this could lead to a poor pick. It's much easier to know you are picking 20th a month out and be able to focus your energy on players you can realistically expect to be available at that slot than to have to scout everyone because you don't really know where you will be picking.

They could also have their eyes on certain players and feel that if a trade for Peppers can be made that would put them into a position to pick player X, Y or Z then they will take it.

IMO, that is how I would like to see Hurney handle this situation and if they don't trade Peppers on draft day then try and trade him during the summer when some team will un-expectantly will have a huge need at DE like the Giants did last year. Then the Panthes will get some 1st round picks in 2010 and hopefully the class will have more depth at positions the team needs as compared to the class this year.

Luckily the FA class is pretty weak this season.

Would like to grab up some DLine to compete, but that level player will hang around.

His trade would have to be before, as he would have to have a contract in place with some team for them to trade for him.

Roger Goodell: Welcome to the 2009 NFL Draft.

::cheers::

Goodell: Before we get started, there is a trade we need to announce.

::more cheers::

Goodell: The Panthers have traded Julius Peppers to the Detroit Lions for their 1st Round pick this and and their 1st Round pick in 2010.

::Panthers fans in the house CHEER::

Wishful thinking eh?

Roger Goodell: Welcome to the 2009 NFL Draft.

::cheers::

Goodell: Before we get started, there is a trade we need to announce.

::more cheers::

Goodell: The Panthers have traded Julius Peppers to the Detroit Lions for their 1st Round pick this and and their 1st Round pick in 2010.

::Panthers fans in the house CHEER::

Wishful thinking eh?

Honestly I wouldn't bite on that deal. I think if Pep goes we need those multiple picks now. I would rather take a 1st and 2nd or 2 3rds this year than to have a 2 year deal like that. I think we need the talent now.

EDIT: Upon 2nd thought, Detroit has the #1 pick, so I might take that and look for a trade down for multiple picks in the 2nd.

Archived