• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettis & LaFell

Catalyst

it's definitely something any trade partners are going to consider

true, and it's only going to get worse. the sooner we move him, the better off we are. value isn't ever going to be higher than it is right now.

The chargers passing attack has never had a steve smith.

They use big receivers that are no faster than gettis and lafell.

Big receivers with good hands, good body control, a dominating TE, and a running game.

I'm not say we will be a clone of the chargers offense (even though others believe we will), we don't have to have steve smith. I do think we should retain him though.

Even when steve smith is gone, the panthers aren't going togo find another steve smith. They'll find another big receiver with good body control, good hands, fast enough to be a deep threat.

Bottom line guys, everything surrounding Cam must be perfect for us to judge him fairly, even if Moore and Clausen were not afforded that same luxury.

If it's too windy out (excuse has been used here), we should give him a pass no matter what his play looks like.

Everything was Clausen and Moore's fault, nothing will be Cams.

Get used to it.

Bottom line guys, everything surrounding Cam must be perfect for us to judge him fairly, even if Moore and Clausen were not afforded that same luxury.

If it's too windy out (excuse has been used here), we should give him a pass no matter what his play looks like.

Get used to it.

Please go cheer for any other team you sad, sad man.

I think it would be foolish not to take advantage of what could be a very good FA pool.

When i look at the list of FA's a couple guys i think would help us are.

Jacoby Jones- Has played in the shadow of AJ but could step out.

James Jones- No relation. GB knows WR's. JJ could become a number 1 WR.

Malcom Floyd- VJax is more of a priority and the Chargers could be satisfied with a trade. Ding ding. Smith and Dan Connor for Floyd.

lol I hope that trade proposal of Steve Smith and Dan Connor for Floyd was just a joke.

Actually I really like all the guys we have at WR. I think LaFell and Gettis will both be main targets for us eventually. Pilares seems like an all around solid player. I'm really eager to see what AE can bring to the table. He is so quick and fast, if he could hone his skills as a WR he could be a very dangerous player.

Honestly, I hope Gettis, and LaFell (and the huge question mark that is Edwards) kind of gel into a larger threat, with neither of them really becoming the #1.

I'm hoping that all of these guys grow into threats that won't allow defenses to single out a single guy for their top corner or double teams. Truth is, I'd rather have 2 or 3 guys that are all capable, if not above average players, than have 1 superstar and not much else.

I say all this assuming we do not have Steve Smith for the 2011 season, which is not something we can really even make educated guesses on at this point.

Get used to it.

I like you. Couldn't have said it better. I just wonder what all the cam supporters will do or say if he doesn't produce and they start him from game one? Will they cry out and say he needs another year? That rookie seasons can't be used to measure Newton? I mean that want done to Clausen right? All that was needed was 10 games? Next year should be fun. If newton flat out fails people will have excuses ready. Which I don't believe is fair. People should be just as hard on newton as they were on Clausen.

I like you. Couldn't have said it better. I just wonder what all the cam supporters will do or say if he doesn't produce and they start him from game one? Will they cry out and say he needs another year? That rookie seasons can't be used to measure Newton? I mean that want done to Clausen right? All that was needed was 10 games? Next year should be fun. If newton flat out fails people will have excuses ready. Which I don't believe is fair. People should be just as hard on newton as they were on Clausen.

The fans weren't hard on Moore or Clausen. The front office was. They have given up on those two and moved on. Probably for good reason as they know them better than any of us could.

The fans weren't hard on Moore or Clausen. The front office was. They have given up on those two and moved on. Probably for good reason as they know them better than any of us could.

Well I'm talking with experience, I attended two games last year. The Niners and cardinals game. People in the stands were crucifying Moore and Clausen. Berry other word I hard was that of a fan that was being harsh. All I'm saying is that this fan base is quick to give up. QBs need at least two years. Look at freeman. If the buccs gave up on him the first season, and drafted another QB where would they be? I realize that its hard to determine where they would be but I'm willing to say they'd still be searching for that franchise QB. If newton fails and we draft yet another QB I'm calling for Hurneys head..

Archived