• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT: 'Cats the darkhorse team to move L.A.? LMFAO!

Finals MVPs are about the same as Heisman trophies.

:confused: Yeah except it represents someone who actually played well in the important games.

Remember the Detroit series when Kobe decided "It's my time to get that finals MVP!!!" How did that work out. Oh yeah Shaq and Phil Jackson left and the Lakers sucked until they got Jackson back to carry Kobe again.

:confused: Yeah except it represents someone who actually played well in the important games.

Remember the Detroit series when Kobe decided "It's my time to get that finals MVP!!!" How did that work out. Oh yeah Shaq and Phil Jackson left and the Lakers sucked until they got Jackson back to carry Kobe again.

:lol:

I know how you NC people are. You guys think Jordan is a good person and will hate on anyone who comes close to him.

Kobe has always been under appreciated and under valued by everyone outside of LA, largely because he plays on the West Coast and the media isn't awake long enough to cover his games or career.

It's the same for everything West Coast.

That's why people support LeBron. They know he'll be good but never good enough to challenge MJ but they want to discredit Kobe and say LeBron is better thus increasing the gap between MJ and Kobe.

Keep trying.

I know how you NC people are. You guys think Jordan is a good person and will hate on anyone who comes close to him.

Kobe has always been under appreciated and under valued by everyone outside of LA, largely because he plays on the West Coast and the media isn't awake long enough to cover his games or career.

It's the same for everything West Coast.

That's why people support LeBron. They know he'll be good but never good enough to challenge MJ but they want to discredit Kobe and say LeBron is better thus increasing the gap between MJ and Kobe.

Keep trying.

Lebron isn't even close to Michael either at this point. People just say stupid things bc they live in the moment.

But I am sure that Kobe and his 1 MVP is much better than MJ.

BTW what has Kobe even accomplished that he should even be in the conversation with MJ??

Back it up with something tangible.

Lebron isn't even close to Michael either at this point. People just say stupid things bc they live in the moment.

But I am sure that Kobe and his 1 MVP is much better than MJ.

BTW what has Kobe even accomplished that he should even be in the conversation with MJ??

Back it up with something tangible.

Kobe has 5 championship rings, 2 where he's the only good player on his team.

LOL, listened to the interview with Breer - he reasons that the Panthers are a dark-horse candidate because they've been trying to get a stadium built.

That's about all I needed to hear before I turned it off and didn't give it another thought.

The only way to survive in an LA sports market is with superstars.

Then please, explain how the Clippers have been there for decades...

The Raiders won the city a freakin' Super Bowl and they STILL couldn't survive in the supposed "pro-football crazed" market.

The only football team that L.A. will see with players getting paid is USC...

LOL, listened to the interview with Breer - he reasons that the Panthers are a dark-horse candidate because they've been trying to get a stadium built.

That's about all I needed to hear before I turned it off and didn't give it another thought.

As I recall, Danny Morrison made mention of the possibility of searching out new stadium options...sometime in the next fifteen years.

Pretty loosely made connection on Breer's part.

As I recall, Danny Morrison made mention of the possibility of searching out new stadium options...sometime in the next fifteen years.

Pretty loosely made connection on Breer's part.

Didn't around that same time Morrison made those comments, either he or JR had also talked about a commitment to bringing a championship to the Carolinas? I think it had something to do with a response to people questioning what JR was going to do with the team because of his age... Could be wrong though.

The Panthers moving anywhere would be my nightmare. I will soon live on the west coast but I am a Panthers fan, and this is their home, the Panther belong here. I don't know why anyone would say something like "Not going anywhere under JR", that sounds silly the man will not be here in 5 years unless he is setting new medical records. I can't say I take them seriously but change comes with a new owner, JR will have to do more than hold it down for now, which I believe he will if he is smart. While I don't believe there is much substance I also believe we have a fickle fan base here in Chalrotte. Why did he hornets move? It worried me a little but more for the fact of how much I love this team rather than how much truth I believe is in any of these stories. It would just be horrible.

Why did he hornets move?

Shinn wanted a new arena despite the fact that the Charlotte Coliseum was 13 years old. It didn't have enough luxury boxes. The city of Charlotte sent out a refrendum which was then vetoed. The city made it known that a new arena could be built, so long as Shinn sold the team. Shinn's time in the city was up, evidenced by the low attendance and public backlash, so, refusing to sell the team, he packed his bags and left.

When the Bobcats franchise was awarded to Charlotte, council approved TWCA's construction but this time didn't send out a referendum.

So, if you're thinking the Hornets moved because of a fickle fanbase, that wasn't the case, as in their hayday they sold out 358 consecutive games. Stern has said himself that OKC's rabid support reminds him of Charlotte in the late 80's, early '90s.

The case of the Hornets was simply a city feuding with an owner who had disgraced himself and wanted out as soon as possible. That's nowhere near applicable to this situation.

Archived