• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release Hackett, Bridges, Goings

Mr. Scot

WR: I'm ok with the five we have now. Jarrett needs a chance to shine, Either Robinson or Carter will get the #4 spot and Jones really surprised me last season. I think we're golden.

OL: Don't forget, we have Bernadeau and Schwartz in the wings now. I can see them elevating both come regular season, but at minimum Bernie gets the nod on gameday. As long as we re-sign Hangman and Omiyale, we have the depth needed to compete.

RB: Birmingham may get a shot this year, but I can see us finally going after that FB to eventually replace Hoov. Hell, it wouldn't be unlikely to see both Decori AND a new full-time FB added to the roster this year.

So.. who's this year's Schmidtt btw? I'm still pissed we passed up on that guy. :lol:

WR: I'm ok with the five we have now. Jarrett needs a chance to shine, Either Robinson or Carter will get the #4 spot and Jones really surprised me last season. I think we're golden.

OL: Don't forget, we have Bernadeau and Schwartz in the wings now. I can see them elevating both come regular season, but at minimum Bernie gets the nod on gameday. As long as we re-sign Hangman and Omiyale, we have the depth needed to compete.

RB: Birmingham may get a shot this year, but I can see us finally going after that FB to eventually replace Hoov. Hell, it wouldn't be unlikely to see both Decori AND a new full-time FB added to the roster this year.

So.. who's this year's Schmidtt btw? I'm still pissed we passed up on that guy. :lol:

Schmitt might actual be the starting FB this year in Seattle. This year the draft is really weak will be interesting to see where Pat White goes and how he is used.

I’m hopeful that fullback is already on the roster in the form of Nehemiah Broughton, who we signed in the middle of last month.

Broughton is a big guy who was drafted by the Redskins in 2005. He didn’t show much—partly due to injury in 2007, partly due to whoever knows what else--but, with a little tutelage from Hoover, there’s a chance he could be an option at fullback once Hoover leaves.

That’s probably very hopeful, but we’ll see.

Sucks that Goings got cut, but everyone knew it had to happen at some point. I am hoping Bridges maybe restructures but he will probably go to start on another team, I was in love with Hackett when we first signed him but he betrayed me.

As for Lucas I'm hoping he gets traded for a Defensive tackle or some picks to stack our draft some more (that is if we end up trading Peppers)

Sucks that Goings got cut, but everyone knew it had to happen at some point. I am hoping Bridges maybe restructures but he will probably go to start on another team, I was in love with Hackett when we first signed him but he betrayed me.

As for Lucas I'm hoping he gets traded for a Defensive tackle or some picks to stack our draft some more (that is if we end up trading Peppers)

lol... how did Hackett betray you?

Are you saying you were NEVER aware with his injuries?

Archived