• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chances that Hanyesworth will be in division

Carolina_Pride

I really believe with all this money the Bucs just saved and the fact that the cap went up again. The Bucs will be able to make a huge offer to Haynesworth that no player would turn down even to stay with a winning team. I hate this cause Albert is a great DT and will make running the ball no easy thing two times a year.

Who have the Bucs ever paid huge bucks for? Haynesworth isn't worth 12-15 million per year. From 2002 until 2007 he didn't have more than 3 sacks in a season.

I hope Tampa pays a ton for him. I doubt it though. The way you get 40 million under the cap is not spending wildly on one player.

I say if anyone does it's Tampa. but the sirius guys bring up a good point. Tampa is about 50 mill under the cap now. If they don't go spend about half of it (Hanesworth, TJ Whosyomomma, etal) then they aren't planning on keeping their new HC. They are waiting till next year to get Shanahan or someone and have a ton of money available.

I say if anyone does it's Tampa. but the sirius guys bring up a good point. Tampa is about 50 mill under the cap now. If they don't go spend about half of it (Hanesworth, TJ Whosyomomma, etal) then they aren't planning on keeping their new HC. They are waiting till next year to get Shanahan or someone and have a ton of money available.

I am not sure that the Glazers spending money is related to how committed they are to their head coach. Maybe the reason they actually picked Morris is because he will work within the amount they will spend and not demand all of this high priced free agents as Shanahan would.

I guess we will see how active they are. From what I understand teams have to spend a certain amount of their cap or they are in violation of the CBA.

They have also made it clear they are rebuilding which usualy means through the draft and not through high priced free agents. But what do I know??

I guess we will see how active they are. From what I understand teams have to spend a certain amount of their cap or they are in violation of the CBA.

Why not just front load everyone's contract this season? Anyone they pick up in FA or the Draft should just be given a ridiculous front end contract that fizzles towards the end. That way, if they played it smart, they'd have incredible potential for a SB win in the next few years.

Why not just front load everyone's contract this season? Anyone they pick up in FA or the Draft should just be given a ridiculous front end contract that fizzles towards the end. That way, if they played it smart, they'd have incredible potential for a SB win in the next few years.

That would be one way to go. You could also extend current players and lock your stars in long term.

One problem with front loading draft picks and FAs is that if they don't produce or get injured you have paid a ton of money and wasted it. It is always easier to see how they turn out in your system and them pay them rather than the other way around. It is clear they are going to a youth movement and doing some rebuilding. I am sure they will be active in free agency. What everyone is waiting to see if they are going to sign some big name expensive free agents like Haynesworth or even make a run at a guy like Peppers or whether they wil go for role players and build mostly through the draft.

Archived