• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gross: Panthers players have installed a good portion of the offense during workouts

The Saltman

Jordan Gross, who helped organize and pay for the event along with fellow offensive lineman Travelle Wharton, called the workouts “incredibly successful.”

“We worked a lot on the playbook and we got of lot of work in with installing the new offense,” Gross said Wednesday. “We’re not where we would be if we had coaches working with us, but the guys will be walk away with a good familiarity of the playbook and some of the things we plan to do this season.”

surprised this hasn't been posted.

http://carolinagrowl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=912:gross-panthers-players-have-installed-a-good-portion-of-the-offense-during-private-workouts&catid=1:articles

like he said, I'm sure it's nothing compared to practicing with coaches looking on and directing things, but in a situation such as this, when there's no contact between team and players, any amount of progress you can make is gravy. they're still going to be up against it when the lockout ends anyways.

good to see Gross and Wharton stepping up and providing leadership and setting an example.

Smitty says he is very very impressed with Cam.

Clausen was not mentioned, at any time.

If he were, people on here would say they're just trying to let him down easy. If he wasn't, they look at it like he's not there. I know the guy struggled last year but it's still like he plowed some of your wives or girlfriend or blow-up Zod dolls or something. Give it a rest.

Smitty says he is very very impressed with Cam.

Clausen was not mentioned, at any time.

That was actually very funny. While we all have heard about that, it never registered that he didn't ever mention Clausen. I'm not really surprised by this, more of the fact that I didn't think along those lines and I usually do. Good point bro.

Archived