• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lucas nixes deal to Detroit; could be cut

CanadianCat

The NFL’s trading deadline begins Friday, though talks already have been in high gear.

The Panthers tried trading cornerback Ken Lucas to the Detroit Lions. Problem is, once the two sides were engaged in discussions, Lucas let it be known that he did not and would not play in Detroit. Thus, trade talks were abandoned even though some in the league thought the trade might go through.

The talks are an indication of what Carolina has in mind for Lucas, who is scheduled to make $5.6 million in base salary this season. If Carolina cuts Lucas this week, it will free up $2.375 million against its salary cap. For a team desperately searching for space, Lucas provides some of it.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=9

Good. I'd like for him to be traded, but sending him to Detroit would be awful. "Thanks so much for everything you've done for this team; for how you handled that whole clocked-by-a-teammate situation. In return, we've traded you to the worst team in NFL history."

Yes that would be pretty freaking slack of 'em.

I don't know, Ken, this could be your ticket to the Pro Bowl. Who was the cornerback we had in 2001 who had interceptions in eight straight games? Doug Evans? Sometimes you go to a crappy team, stand out, and that's what gets you in. I mean, usually it works the other way but Lucas should at least consider it. He might get 10 picks in Detroit.

Archived