• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton Lobbying for Smith to stay a panther

Ricky Spanish

Im mostly disappointed because I salivate multiple times a day just thinking that I will get a juicy new thread full of useful information or new developments...

But for the most part lately all we have all been getting is OLD News... I die a Lil bit each time I get in here and there's nothing new... So sad...

Im mostly disappointed because I salivate multiple times a day just thinking that I will get a juicy new thread full of useful information or new developments...

But for the most part lately all we have all been getting is OLD News... I die a Lil bit each time I get in here and there's nothing new... So sad...

Funny. I thought the same thing when I opened up a thread that said something about having a crazy dream.. Really, Vince Young?

Glad to hear his wife doesn't have lupus - that is scary stuff. With his wife healthy it is going to come down to if any teams are willing to poney up $8 million a year that is a playoff contender. If so, Smitty is gone. It is really as simple as that.

Glad to hear his wife doesn't have lupus - that is scary stuff. With his wife healthy it is going to come down to if any teams are willing to poney up $8 million a year that is a playoff contender. If so, Smitty is gone. It is really as simple as that.

He's not a free agent... comes down to how much the Panthers are willing to take for Smitty and whether there is a team willing to give up that much to get him. Smitty is only leaving via trade.

He's not a free agent... comes down to how much the Panthers are willing to take for Smitty and whether there is a team willing to give up that much to get him. Smitty is only leaving via trade.

I don't know how many times this has to be repeated.

Smitty will be a Panther next year unless a team with a derranged owner (e.g., Washington, Dallas, etc.) on the "cusp" of the Superbowl thinks he is worth $8mm. Otherwise, that is fortune for a guy who is only a team player when he wants to be, has shown zero interest in developing young WRs or QBs, and has racked up plenty of drops to hint at past-prime status.

No, the only team he is going to(if he goes) is the team that offers up the best trade for Smith.

Archived