• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Johnson Tweets

Car123

I really think he is just trying to put his name out there to see what kind of money he can get, but I don't think other team value him as much as we do. Maybe the falcons do, but other teams outside of the nfc south probably don't give a poo about him like that. He also sounds like he wants the fans to curl him up like a baby and tell him how much we love him. Rivera and Hurney already said they want to sign him, so he'll be here unless the falcons want to overpay him and then he's the enemy and it's "fug him".

I really think he is just trying to put his name out there to see what kind of money he can get, but I don't think other team value him as much as we do. Maybe the falcons do, but other teams outside of the nfc south probably don't give a poo about him like that. He also sounds like he wants the fans to curl him up like a baby and tell him how much we love him. Rivera and Hurney already said they want to sign him, so he'll be here unless the falcons want to overpay him and then he's the enemy and it's "fug him".

Weird he would say that himself instead of letting his Agent issue a statement saying that they would explore other teams before making a decision.

Teams have proscouts.... Teams know who Charles Johnson is.... I know my falcons definitely know about him.. I remember in a mid week press conference before we played you guys... Coach Smith talked about how Charles Johnson is a impact player almost half of the press conference.

Hardy, Norwood and Everrette Brown could all probably put up similar numbers as starters. The one thing that CJ had over them at the same point in his career, was a pretty good ability to play the run. That's it.

I'd say that is a pretty big deal. Unless you think we can win without stopping the run.

lol no, we won't. at least not this year. our defense, and I'm being serious, will likely give up around 30'ish points per game without Charles Johnson on the d-line.

You realize that we gave up 25.5 points a game with him right?

He's a great player, and I hope we keep him. But if he wants to leave, he'll leave, and we will live or die based off what Cam does. Quarterback is the only position that makes or breaks a football team these days. One defensive player leaving isn't going to set us back 10 years like the failure of Cam would.

You realize the defense was on the field for like 40 minutes a game and had an offense that could not move the ball, right? Johnson produced those numbers while tired, the only pass rush threat on the team, and never playing with a lead... I'm not saying that he's the next Reggie White, but looking a little deeper gives him a bit more leverage.

He's a great player, and I hope we keep him. But if he wants to leave, he'll leave, and we will live or die based off what Cam does. Quarterback is the only position that makes or breaks a football team these days. One defensive player leaving isn't going to set us back 10 years like the failure of Cam would.

Such little understanding of the game of football all rolled into one post.

Congrats sir.

It's a good thing football games aren't won in the trenches and it's a super good thing that we didn't fill our other need along the Dline this draft so now we might as well play with 7 guys on defense.

Remind me how great the players were in San Diego when Rivera turned them into the #1 D last year. The year before that? We will be fine. We aren't the only team in the league with uncertainties heading into the season. It's not unique to the Panthers

You realize the defense was on the field for like 40 minutes a game and had an offense that could not move the ball, right? Johnson produced those numbers while tired and never playing with a lead... I'm not saying that he's the next Reggie White, but looking a little deeper gives him a bit more leverage.

Then everyone should quit acting like he is. One player doesn't make a defense. The ten or eight we would pay Johnson can go to two or three guys if he leaves. He's a great player that we should keep, but we are not going to win or lose a superbowl based solely on the status of Charles Johnson.

Such little understanding of the game of football all rolled into one post.

Congrats sir.

Haha ok.

Remind me how great the players were in San Diego when Rivera turned them into the #1 D last year. The year before that? We will be fine. We aren't the only team in the league with uncertainties heading into the season. It's not unique to the Panthers

Yes but we could possibly be in a worse situation than the prior year in the weakest area of our team in one of the most important areas of a team.

They had more overall talent on the line and edges than we do.

we may not win or lose it based on CJ but to pretend he doesn't matter is insane. If you go out and replace him with "two or three people," you aren't going to get anywhere near his production out of those "two or three."

CJ won't win us the superbowl but he certainly helps make the team more competitive.

Archived