• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffery?

Brokenbad

Justin Blackmon. Never even heard of Ashlon Jeffrey.

Well that's ok considering his name is Alshon Jeffery. lol

In all seriousness, either would be a great pick. Justin Blackmon is a guy who can do it all and has that swagger that apparently people like (ala Cam Newton...minus the character problems). I haven't seen enough of him to really break down his game though.

Alshon Jeffery is quiet and lets his game speak for himself. Having seen him and Sidney Rice play at USC, Alshon is almost on a new level compared to Sid. In a jump ball situation, they are very similar. However, Alshon has a little more speed (his speed is VERY deceptive but it is not unusual for him to run away from guys) and his route running and ability to create separation are amazing. He is VERY physical and will not get jammed at the line, even by the most physical of CBs. In fact, he is usually the one getting the better end against most DBs. And as someone said, his ability to adjust to the ball in the air and catch it away from his body are uncanny. The only concern you have is that the great Lane Kiffin thinks he will be pumping gas in a couple years, and if he says it then it MUST be true....:lol:

Not really. I am a gamecock fan, my father played for them and I was born there, so this is far from biased. The things that stand out about him:

His size, hands, and body positioning.

The things that I notice in this highlight reel: He uses his size, hands, and body positioning to make nearly every catch. There is always a DB in his pocket. Separation is key in the NFL. Jeffries is a stud, but I dunno. Maybe a big slot WR, but not a #1. Blackmon is better.

I haven't watched a lot of either of them, but I noticed this in the highlights reel. I think I'd go with Blackmon.

Not really. I am a gamecock fan, my father played for them and I was born there, so this is far from biased. The things that stand out about him:

His size, hands, and body positioning.

The things that I notice in this highlight reel: He uses his size, hands, and body positioning to make nearly every catch. There is always a DB in his pocket. Separation is key in the NFL. Jeffries is a stud, but I dunno. Maybe a big slot WR, but not a #1. Blackmon is better.

Not with the "Jeffries" thing already. lol

Anyways, Alshon gets plenty of separation by being more physical than the DBs. And he doesn't appear to get much separation on long balls because, for the most part, they are underthrown to give him a chance at the jumpball. I mean, why not? No one has stopped him from catching a jump ball yet.

jefferies looks like he has better hands, but blackmon looks faster.

truth be told neither is nearly as good as green from this year's draft but we'll see who decides to stud it up this year.

I'll put whatever on Jeffery being a better NFL receiver than Green in the next five years.

i think i'll wait for this season to get going before i start really considering what positions we will be needing the most (and to see who really sticks out in college).

way too early to tell who will be good in the draft or what we really need.

I think Jeffery would be exactly what this team needs. He's a playmaker who is tall, and, unlike Blackmon...has a knack for going up and getting it. Not knocking Blackmon, but their play styles have some differences which lead me to prefer Alshon Jeffery over Blackmon. This team needs a playmaker at the WR position if Smitty leaves.

And, just to top it off..

13398462_BG1.jpg

I'm also a really big Matt Kalil fan next year though, if Otah pansies his way through this year again, then I might advocate Kalil as my personal choice for our pick, although I'm not sure any of these players will fall to us at 32.

Archived