• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffery?

Brokenbad

Pro Tip: Earn your stripes on the Huddle before your overreact and act like a total douche to everybody who gives you some heat.

:yesnod:

I'm simply trying to help you. Don't wanna listen then fine, but you'll be signing yourself up for a one way ticket to Trollville, which is a rather difficult label to get repealed. Just ask Saltman.

Who was that directed to? Pretty sure it wasn't to me, but I just want to make sure.

Poor baby... Dud I hurt your feelings? Is that why you felt compelled to resort to name calling? GROW UP! I'd call you a name back but that would be dropping to your level, and with my luck I'd be the one to get infracted while u got off in the clear. So... I'll sit back and let you keep being childish because I called your thread exactly what it is... Silly!

I've made some pooty threads in my time here and I know it... And when somebody calls me on it... I give them pie. By doing what you did, you just showed how immature and uneducated you are. Name calling? Really? No debate?

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg?w=405&h=545&h=491

Who was that directed to? Pretty sure it wasn't to me, but I just want to make sure.

I am pretty sure it was.

I just don't get why you have such a problem with my thread.

It is the offseason, during a lockout.

WR may become a serious position of need next year, and there is a chance that the Panthers (as well as any other team) may have the chance to draft Blackmon or Jeffery.

What problem do you have discussing who is more liked as an option for the team that we both like?

You suggested making a LaFell/Gettis comparison. This is understandable because both of them already play for the Panthers.

I believe that comparison thread has been made many times over, and would be trite.

So in conclusion, Sir, I was attempting to create an original and debatable thread.

I am pretty sure it was.

I just don't get why you have such a problem with my thread.

It is the offseason, during a lockout.

WR may become a serious position of need next year, and there is a chance that the Panthers (as well as any other team) may have the chance to draft Blackmon or Jeffery.

What problem do you have discussing who is more liked as an option for the team that we both like?

You suggested making a LaFell/Gettis comparison. This is understandable because both of them already play for the Panthers.

I believe that comparison thread has been made many times over, and would be trite.

So in conclusion, Sir, I was attempting to create an original and debatable thread.

Dude, I was just fuggin with you... No hard feelings? It's a good thread... I was just joking, trying to stir the pot a lil bit but nobody went for it. I don't have a problem with you or your thread. Can we be friends to the end?

Dude, I was just fuggin with you... No hard feelings? It's a good thread... I was just joking, trying to stir the pot a lil bit but nobody went for it. I don't have a problem with you or your thread. Can we be friends to the end?

Sure thing,

It takes some thick skin to be a huddler.

Panthers have several positions for needed talent infusions.

Mercifully, Hurney did not trade away draft picks this year.

.....hard to say what will happen in free agency this year and it's also hard to say if those who we perceive as 'under performing' last year were perceived that way because of scheme or coaching or the players not being very good.

We have to remember the division we play in and our defense scares no one. We are weak at DT and CB and our linebackers outside of Beason aren't exactly pro bowlers, serviceable yes, pro bowlers, no.

Offensively, OT. Gross isn't getting younger, and Otah, well, I fear he is going to be another Panthers first round flop. 24 year old OTs with lack of desire and a bad meniscus lining of the knee don't last long. Yes I know they drafted the Auburn OT; but, there is a reason he was a 7th round draft choice., Also the TE that Chud craves is not on the roster, and that is obvious or the Panthers would not have reached for Shockey, who is without doubt at the end, or close to the end of his career...unlikely a TE would go in the first round.

I just don't see either of those WRs being the top pick, unless they are absolutely the undisputed BPA and game changer. It will either be stud defense or stud OT.

Jeffery for sure. He has dominated the SEC over the last 2 years and he is getting better every year. The guy is a huge physical pass catching beast. I like Blackmon, but he benefited as well from and incredibly pass happy Oklahoma City offense... Go look up Hawaii receivers highlights and you'll come out thinking one of them looks like Blackmon.

I don't watch a lot of college football.

I do know that they are top WR prospects in next year's draft.

So if the Panthers had a choice to draft one, which one should they take?

I don't know too much about either reciever, but I thought this would be a good discussion thread.

So sell me one!

I watched Alshon Jeffrey in person in two games last year.

In the South Carolina at Auburn game, he dominated the field at WR like no receiver I saw last year (including A.J. Greene and Julio Jones).

In the rematch in the SEC Championship Game, he was a non-factor.

If a coach can turn him on so that he would ALWAYS be that first guy on Sunday's, he'd be one of the best WR's in the league.

Plus, he's about three inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than Blackmon. Big receivers in the NFL are good as long as they are big, GOOD receivers.

Archived