• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else experiance guilt

Cat

when you clean out your closet? Or do I just have a problem?

We had our room painted so I had to take everything out of my closet and I'm now putting it all back in. I feel so terribly guilty. Nice clothes I NEVER wear, clothes with price tags still on them. Items that look almost identical. I swear next time I want to go shopping I need only to walk into my closet. So much money I've wasted.

I never waste money on clothes. Don't really own that much in clothing. I do buy a lot of books, but I don't throw them away, just donate them to used book stores when I am done. My wife and I also donate a lot of money to the poor.

I do feel guilty when I think about my past spending habits though. If I had all the money that I spent on partying, strippers, etc..., I would be a relatively wealthy man. But I did enjoy myself. :)

Yep... I have the same problem... Clothes I've never worn with tags on em everywhere... I can't let myself get rid of them.

My wife has a BA in psychology... She says I won't get rid of them because I grew up extremely poor and somewhere subliminally I feel like I must keep them just in case...

I'm no hoarder, I just have a lot of clothes from my single days that I refuse to give up unless they no longer fit... In which case I usually give them away to a teenager in need.

Yep... I have the same problem... Clothes I've never worn with tags on em everywhere... I can't let myself get rid of them.

My wife has a BA in psychology... She says I won't get rid of them because I grew up extremely poor and somewhere subliminally I feel like I must keep them just in case...

I'm no hoarder, I just have a lot of clothes from my single days that I refuse to give up unless they no longer fit... In which case I usually give them away to a teenager in need.

Definition of a hoarder

My Parents used to give my sister their Credit card so every Saturday she could go to the Malls and shop with them.

When I was about to turn 16, one evening at the Dinner table I said that I could use a couple new pairs of 501's.

To which my Father replied, "You'll be 16 within a month. Go get a f'ing job and buy them!" (Which I did.)

My Mom discovered the same thing on my Sister's closet. My Sister decided to get married between her Junior and Senior year in college. My Father volunteered my Mom to pack up my Sister's room. Because, as my Sister put it, "She was just too busy planing the wedding with her Future Mother in Law." My Mom discovered clothes that my Sister had never worn, still with the tags on.

After that, when my 501's started looking a little ratty, my Mom would magically hit a sale and buy me a pair of two! :D

Archived