• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some guys have multiple children and live with ther childs mother for 10+ years

Brokenbad

But won't marry her...

Wtf?

I just don't understand. If you live in the same house with your "girlfriend" or "fiance" of several years and several children, why don't you just marry the broad?

You were doomed a long time ago, what hurts to make it official?

I blame no-fault divorce.

The minute he does marry...she can simply claim no-fault divorce and get half of his pension/401k/etc from the time they married to the time she decides to divorce him. Right now...he's choosing to do the right thing, but alimony/child support/etc is a lot more post-divorce than it is post-breakup.

Oh...and also...a lot of POS families do that crap to keep their household income down so that the woman can draw extra money from the government through welfare/food stamps/etc.

I blame no-fault divorce.

The minute he does marry...she can simply claim no-fault divorce and get half of his pension/401k/etc from the time they married to the time she decides to divorce him. Right now...he's choosing to do the right thing, but alimony/child support/etc is a lot more post-divorce than it is post-breakup.

Oh...and also...a lot of POS families do that crap to keep their household income down so that the woman can draw extra money from the government through welfare/food stamps/etc.

Depends on the state they live in, but in most they can get that anyway if they live together for that length of time.

If they both are OK with it what's the problem?

I just like being married to the woman I love and expressing that commitment even though I am not religious - it makes her happy and lets her know I'm not going anywhere. Others have different ideas on the subject and thats great!

Archived