• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers and the Redskins

While I certainly see the appeal in the two first-round picks, I don’t know that I would prefer that over a first and a second this year.

We need help badly on the defensive side of the ball and can use all of the picks we can get right now. We saw last year how quickly the offensive line was turned around, and I think they can do something similar this year—but we need the draft picks to do that. Our defense needs a lot of work, but with the offense we have now, I think we’ve still got a great shot at the playoffs.

Also, one of the second round picks we could receive from New England is the 34th pick in the draft—just barely a second round pick. The beauty of that is we can pay a second round pick a good deal less than a first rounder.

washington has lower picks than the pats.

two early 1st rounders >> a late 1st and early 2nd

we need help now but i would have no problem sacrificing a 2nd this year for a 1st next.

patience is a virtue.

I made the suggestion of Pep to the 'Skins in the "Source: Peppers has a list of 4 teams he'd play for, 2 in the NFC South" thread on these boards back in mid Feb. I think it's a good fit for both teams. The 'Skins may finally have a pass rush after all these years, and Carolina would have some real building blocks to use.

Plus, do you think we can actually afford to sign 2 1st rounders this year? I guess it depends on how high the picks are, but our salary cap isn't looking too good.

draft picks outside of the top 7 or so are generally very reasonable.

Archived