• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jay Cutler Vs Matt Moore

bLACKpANTHER

both are young.. Matt just finished his 2nd season, Cutler his 3rd..

both have strong arms.. i def give the edge to Cutler though..

both are gunslingers.. arent afraid to try to fit it into the tight window..

obviously Cutler went early 1st round while Matt wasnt even drafted.. and obviously Cutler seems to be a Star in the making while Moore is a ? with upside.. Moore has no where near the experience, but i know some Panther fans out there believe Moore to be the 'Truth' and heir apparent to the QB throne for Carolina..

SO- if we truly have a shot to get Cutler, i think we shud take it, no doubt.. but if we dont, do we all mainly believe Moore is the man to come in after Jake, or is McCown better suited for our offense..

to me Josh and/or Luke McCown (whoever it is) sounds way too much like Chris Weinke..

is matt moore a gunslinger...and does he have a strong arm like cutler.

from what i saw he has a avg arm and is not a gunslinger

is matt moore a gunslinger...and does he have a strong arm like cutler.

from what i saw he has a avg arm and is not a gunslinger

Don't know if his arm is as strong as Cutler, of course according to Cutler he has a stronger arm than Elway, but Moore arm seems to be stronger than Delhomme's IMO. As far as a gunslinger, not so much. He got that lable in college at Oregon St. but compared to other "gunslingers" I don't think I would put that lable on him.

I just remember him throwing a 45 yard pass to Colbert, yes Colbert and threading the needle. I heard where he came to the sidelines from that and Jake Delhomme turned to him and said something akin to, "of the hundreds of times we've run that play, I've never thrown that pass". The response was, "he was open". I like this guy, I'm sorry, I do...

both are young.. Matt just finished his 2nd season, Cutler his 3rd..

both have strong arms.. i def give the edge to Cutler though..

both are gunslingers.. arent afraid to try to fit it into the tight window..

obviously Cutler went early 1st round while Matt wasnt even drafted.. and obviously Cutler seems to be a Star in the making while Moore is a ? with upside.. Moore has no where near the experience, but i know some Panther fans out there believe Moore to be the 'Truth' and heir apparent to the QB throne for Carolina..

SO- if we truly have a shot to get Cutler, i think we shud take it, no doubt.. but if we dont, do we all mainly believe Moore is the man to come in after Jake, or is McCown better suited for our offense..

to me Josh and/or Luke McCown (whoever it is) sounds way too much like Chris Weinke..

Cutler Pro bowler and #3 pick and starter vs. Moore Undrafted non starter... Yeah I see the similarities

I just remember him throwing a 45 yard pass to Colbert, yes Colbert and threading the needle. I heard where he came to the sidelines from that and Jake Delhomme turned to him and said something akin to, "of the hundreds of times we've run that play, I've never thrown that pass". The response was, "he was open". I like this guy, I'm sorry, I do...

No need to be sorry. I love him.

Yep... Remember that as if it were yesterday. Moore has huge potential... I don't care who ya are or what you're opinion is. The dude came in and did better than a 1st overall draft pick (Carr, and I know, that's a gimme, but still sounds good for those who think where you are drafted is the class you forever stay in) and a 18 (IIRC) year veteran in Testaverde...

I realize those are easy examples, but even for an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE, it's not an easy thing to do.

I can't wait to see him start someday. But I won't be mad if we find a way to bring in a big time franchise QB (knowing Cutler will never be that for us)... However, you won't find me sitting around waiting for that to happen.

:cheers2: to Moore!

I personally don't see anything to gain by acquiring Cutler or any other free agent QB for that matter, unless we're going to accept that 2009, and possibly beyond, will be 'rebuilding years', and I don't think they should be. Our DEFENSE needs attention, not the offense. Certainly, questions remain about Jake. But Moore knows our system, he gives us 'continuity' as far as that system, and he has shown promise in the few chances he's had.

Denver, keep Cutler. He's a great story as far as coming back from diabetes problems, and he has a lot of promise. But I think we have as good of a prospect for a future QB as is out there in Moore. Some even say MCown is that guy. So be it! Let's work with who we have in house NOW and go from there. Use the money a FA QB would command on other more pressing needs!

Considering the cast Moore had to work with, I think he did pretty well in the few games he played. It does not matter who we have as backup, as long as Jake is out starter this conversation about alternate qb's will never end

And you are basing this on what? How in the hell do you (or any of us) have any basis for evaluating Moore's upside?

Don't bother responding to Spike guys.

He's not a Panther fan. He just trolls Panther message boards posting crap like this.

Archived