• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All rookies signed except Cam, Fua as of 11:15

CatMan72

the debate is whether or not to have all his money guaranteed. even if it is, it's less than half of what was guaranteed to guys like bradshaw.

i really don't think that newton will miss any practice or meeting time with the team.

Come on Cam... let's not start out like this...

Start out like what?

He's going to be the first overall pick affected by the Rookie salary cap. It's got to be a tough thing to put into paper. Any way it goes, he's going to get the shaft compared to contracts in the past. I'm sure they want to make sure he gets treated well, and are having some issues ironing out the details.

No big deal as long as he's at camp. Did he show today?

Now... if he doesn't show for camp... then it's a problem.

Don't make the mistake of putting all your eggs in one basket. Cam is an exceptional talent, but so was Jamarcus Russell. I'm not saying that this will the case, and I don't think it will be so myself. The Panthers just need to be smart and make him earn his keep!

Cam, be the man that I know you will be and compromise to get this contract done!

Don't make the mistake of putting all your eggs in one basket. Cam is an exceptional talent, but so was Jamarcus Russell. I'm not saying that this will the case, and I don't think it will be so myself. The Panthers just need to be smart and make him earn his keep!

Cam, be the man that I know you will be and compromise to get this contract done!

Uh... dude...

There's a Rookie wage scale and cap.

Even if Newton pulls a Jamarcus Russell's on us (and I don't think for a minute he will), we aren't out a ton of money, and won't be set as far back as Russell set the Raiders.

And god damnit, aren't we past the comparisons to Jamarcus Russell for Newton? It was ignorant in Feb-March, and completely retarded now.

Not really.

Archived